Jump to content

Gaurav

CLUB FOUNDER
  • Posts

    10,810
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    627
  • Country

    India
  • Carnity Points

    21,997 [ Donate ]

Everything posted by Gaurav

  1. OMG nice contagious post @Barry I like to meet your new therapist buddy. Fiat Padmini, similar in looks to above
  2. If you really know what you need, then you can head to business listing section and look for a spare part seller in your emirate. If you like to discuss the cause of failure or ways to repair your sunroof, then give us some more information to help you in the right direction.
  3. Sorry for being late to the party. I have read all and I hope I can make a suggestion that can convince you than just brainwashing. Btw, before I start 2010 - 2014 (just before new shape) Accord also has a known issue of gearbox failure but it can be repaired with some good technicians. I had 2001 Accord in 2003 and it ended up with the gear failure too, so it seems Honda took really long to perfect the auto box failure in their Accord. If you are hung up for Honda go with Accord 2015 and above, or go with Civic with closed eyes, it's really one sturdy, stylish and reliable car with decent gas mileage. My actual suggestion is to go with Lexus GS - It's wonderful amazing and powerful car, but as you are concerned about fuel then I would say stick to Lexus ES. One hell of a flagship car of Lexus that after Toyota Rav4 it exceeds sales number and resale value among whole Toyota and Lexus family. Within 35-45k budget you can get 2010 - 2012 model and yet you will spend literally no extra expense than regular maintenance for years to come. And whenever you like to upgrade you will get VERY GOOD resale value. I had 2003 GS430 in 2005 - 2007 and have visited Al Futtaim twice for regular service in two years. In all honesty, Ford is good, but not for entry-level models and they will show their age within few years. Nissan Xterra is the also the best option knowing you as an off-roader and I'm really not sure for how long you can keep yourself away from the sand.
  4. Thanks buddy, unfortunately here V6 to V6 of a different brand is also a nightmare. As Tasjeel asked me to check with RTA. I went to RTA and they said to get them the paper from Habtoor that your exact V6 is not available. I did that too and after that, no reply and kind of indirect message I got are we can do V6 to V6 within similar power engine without touching the chassis engine mount and adapter that we make to fit another new engine should be done PROFESSIONALLY or else they will not issue a waiver. So it's kind of tough bet when you are living on edge and mercy of avg-medium workmanship available here in UAE and stringent laws. So V6 to V8 engine swap is not at all possible unless I load this on a trailer like a dune buggy and tow around.
  5. My colleague bought early 2000 model BMW 745 last year for 13k and in less than a year, he spent 17k on top. Budget do mean cheap to buy and run. https://tnydu.biz/DOwCny https://tnydu.biz/DOwCHu https://tnydu.biz/DOwCi2
  6. Up until 2018 model here is the Jimny Power to weight ratio: 80 hp / 1107 kgs = 72.26 hp/ton - Highly UNDERPOWERED for sand. For 2019 model, rumor saying they are launching new engine of 3 cylinders with 660 CC but with turbo, yet to know the power figures though.
  7. In such mud and rock climbing they might be very good but in the sand, they are quite sluggish when engine power is needed to churn cross tracks. Even RAV4 coughs up with 2.X liter engine on cross tracks and a quick climb up without run-up. People filming Jimny here must be doing on the virgin sand and not the beaten up tracks or open dunes with few hundred meter run-up.
  8. BMW 7 series is a money pit and don't even think of buying unless you have deep pockets or some special affinity for BMW badge or 7 series.
  9. This is probably modified or running swap engine just like everyone says Patrol is king of desert and then stock Patrol coughs up half the faya. Don't go for this imposters impressions. I have driven stock Jimny in 3 occasions from 2010 - 2016 and all three times it coughs up in loose soft sands with tons of cross tracks and eventually I have to winch them up to get them out of the serious bowl. Circling around for more than 5-10 times wasn't enough to build momentum to get them out of its own power.
  10. Stance looks very impressive with awesome approach and departure angles but Suzuki need to ditch 1.X liter engine and switch to real offroad worthy engines. It seems they have almost everything perfect made for Jimny to be classified as a proper off-roader except the engine power. This peony 1.X liter is good for entry level dune bashing but not mid or extreme level. Any idea on this new Jimny what engine they are using....?
  11. Barry you seriously need a therapist buddy, lololololol.
  12. Oh man, it's just a cover and that's why manifold has open air suction vent without air filter neck and housing. lol. Damn barry, that was a misleading riddle..... lololololol
  13. Is it a Fiat Uno, kind of dinky car...? From 90ish era.....?
  14. I agree, to clean and monitor also.
  15. I agree with desertdude, that there is no such need for the tarmac based climb to switch to Tiptronic, let D handle and manage the downshift and upshift as required. This way RPM and gear fluctuation will help let engine and tranny to breath and use the entire range of gears. Secondly, it was good that you were keeping an eye on heat gauge and pulled over before car dies of its own. As 90 out of 100 times if the car dies of its own means irreparable damage to engine head and head gasket been done. To know now if your engine head gasket is damaged or not check for below things in the sequence of severity: Any loss of power in any gear or quick throttle response has reduced? Any white smoke is appearing from the exhaust while engine reached it's operating temperature? Has engine oil or coolant turned milky or sticky or appear different than it's usual color?
  16. Eid Mubarak to all car enthusiast's here and their loved ones
  17. It must be Air Flow Meter, which is placed in air filter neck in between air filter and engine intake manifold. And symptom you said is often caused by that sensor going crazy or 90% of the time lose, I tied mine with a cable tie and never experience any problem. ICV job is exactly what it says - IDLE CONTROL VALVE so it literally controls the idle RPM and if it's not working either idle RPM will drop below 600 rpm and stall the car or it will increase to waste a lot of fuel while in idling or it will result in dancing RPM from 600 - 1200 range - that's what it used to happen with me. If your Idle is stable with and without AC, then your ICV is fine, so don't waste money. In Pajero, ideal idle should be around 700-750 rpm without AC and 900-950 rpm with AC. If yours is well within this range then you are fine.
  18. As much as I would love to know why, but my main priority is to get a car up and running with minimal cost, so this post-mortem is not in my things to do unless someone volunteer to do it
  19. So Pajeros didn't evolve since 1999, lol. I have the same quarter of a feature - only driver side goes down automatically, but for pulling up keep the switch pressed. Passenger side no auto at all.
  20. Thanks, everyone for comforting messages and your best wishes, really appreciate all the support pouring through PM and WhatsApp messages.
  21. It literally died without any warning and moreover when we approached faya, we were driving on tarmac and track for 30 minutes prior and there wasn't any sign of overheating, sluggishness or what-so-ever tell-tale signs. Secondly, at the foothill of Faya I was waiting for more than 20 minutes in idle as other guys were still trying to climb so I and Rahimdad were on standby. I made the first attempt from the front and failed, tried the second time and made it on top. If a car was sluggish or having some issue it will never ever climb Faya from the front. Then I went to the right side of Faya and made few attempts and in a third and last attempt it climbed to 95% and resulted in rocker knocking noise, so I exited immediately. My educated guess says, that during right side climb car was slightly tilted on the left side and that's why right side engine head (rockers tapping) must be running dry due to low or weak oil pump pressure. How come that damaged crank, I have no clue.
  22. All options are being explored at full stretch including to find a similar engine from Magna sport, thanks @desertdude for scouting that. 3.5 is always 6G74 and it comes with DOHC - 24 valves, just that 1992-96 is older engineering result in 180 - 190 hp and 1997 - 2000 is mine one that results in 225 hp (GCC version) and 210 hp (GDI version).
  23. I really doubt and I wouldn't advise to refurb the suspension airbag as it's more of a consumable item as rubber tends to crack and fail with time and heat. Even if you try something from scrap at half the cost it will fail in a quarter of life, so always advice to go with new. If the owner is tired of changing again and again, then you can look into ARNOTT website if they manufacture for your vehicle as they usually have far better quality than any OEM and backed with their limited lifetime warranty.
  24. I know guys, it truly sad and I'm really upset with this incident but I have passed the stage of denial last night. How did it happen, is a million dollar question. I knew my Pajero had a minute leak that I have been keeping a close eye and have been checking the oil level before every week drive and on Friday too I have checked the oil level in mid-drive even after suhoor, two hours before this incident. Air filter was recently cleaned and oiled well. Coolant was topped up a night before and expansion bottle had enough coolant within the min-max level. Occasionally car was running warm from 45% - 60% of heat gauge as last Friday, the night was also hot and almost all cars were running a bit warm. However when this incident happen car was at normal 45% heat level since last 3 hours. Engine oil I'm using Mobil 1 since last 7 years and have never driven more than 3k on 5k oil, this particular oil change happened 2400 km back, so well within usable life. While doing insane climb on Faya from the right side, which is really extreme at 95% of the climb I heard the first knocking noise and exited the climb immediately and didn't push thereafter. And after almost an hour later, driving under 3k rpm as the knocking noise was coming after the 3k band, the car stalled on its own while driving on a flat track at 1.5k rpm and never started again. Mechanic turns the engine by hand and the car started but resulted in a loud knocking noise from deep inside the engine, which seems like crank is gone. On later inspection of engine oil, we found the metal shavings in the engine oil that confirmed that either bearing or crank has gone and must have caused the damage that is beyond repair. According to a mechanic, at some point oil pump must have given up partially which was enough to cook the engine during that insane climb while under stress and resulted in this mess. Highly improbable and bad luck situation to happen, as I have never seen any engine light before or after this incident but the damage is evident and all we can take is an educated guess on what must have happened now. Now I'm searching for a good used engine, which is very rare for this super rare model and to find clean one is an even more difficult task. Scouted Sharjah yesterday and found 3 rotten engines. Just now went to Sajja and UAQ and didn't found any. Search is still on, even from online sources outside UAE, so let's see when I will get lucky again.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use