Advertise here

How and When to use Car Safety Warning Triangle

Danny

I have been out today whole day at the backseat and observed, three places where people were using the warning triangle in an absolutely wrong way in Dubai in Al Khail Road, Old Emirates Road and in Al Ain Road.

• First guy kept it behind the car, but may be 1 feet away from the car - useless.
  • Second guy kept on top of the car, showing his car is not working - useless.
  • Third guy kept on right side and blocking half lane and pilling traffic - Dangerous and Stupid.

All of them were wrong approach.

Here are the few right way on How and When to use AA or AAA Car Safety Warning triangle:

• You should place AA or AAA Red Warning triangle at least 100 - 300 feet (steps) away from your vehicle.
  • If you have two warning triangles, then use one at 50 feet and other at 200 feet away. The Best.
  • You should NOT place Warning triangle in middle of other lane, unless someone is working under the car and that too for quick few minutes in totally empty road.
  • Blocking or pilling traffic in a busy road with your emergency situation by using a triangle in middle of other lane will invite a HEFTY fine. 
  • In emergency drive/push your car to hard shoulder (in yellow lane) and stay there until help arrives with hazard indicator on.
  • At max, you can open the hood, to indicate that your car is broken and help is on its way. No triangle needed.
  • Use of warning triangle is only required when visibility is bad in no or low light area, curved road or uphill/downhill road.

warning triangle.jpg

Personal Suggestions after seeing many life threatening accidents here:

• Park your car even beyond the hard shoulder ending line (if possible), as many reckless driver overtake in hard shoulder.
  • Never let anyone exit or use right side door, even for 5 seconds, as it's damn risky.
  • Never stand on right side or behind the vehicle and wait for the help to arrive.
  • Always be in inside the car, if you can and switch on the hazard indicators.
  • If you cannot then walk ahead at least 5-10 meters and then stand on left side (within hard shoulder yellow lane).
  • Like (+1) 1

This is one good post I have seen from you in very very long time rather than ranting and pulling other legs.

Good job Mr. Danny, btw where is the biscuits....?

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating

This very nice point captured and shared, I also witness this so many times that people place triangle just 1 cm behind their car, thinking it is enough. If incoming driver can't see your broken down car from a distance and ram you, then what special magical power this poor triangle possess to save the collision. Hope people learn and save their life.