Buying an 2010 Ford Escape AWD, good or bad, pros and cons ??

luwaimn

Hello fellow Carnity members. Hope all of you are having a pleasant day. I have started this discussion because as I have been off- roading for a quite sometime now and finally have decided to buy a new car. So while searching the perfect one, I was recommended by a friend to go for the Ford Escape AWD between the 2010-2012 models. However a certain instinct in me say that the car is not capable one. I have did a few research and found out nothing that much about it in the off roading scene. I really need advice now to whether go ahead with this certain model or continue my search.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, luwaimn said:

Hello fellow Carnity members. Hope all of you are having a pleasant day. I have started this discussion because as I have been off- roading for a quite sometime now and finally have decided to buy a new car. So while searching the perfect one, I was recommended by a friend to go for the Ford Escape AWD between the 2010-2012 models. However a certain instinct in me say that the car is not capable one. I have did a few research and found out nothing that much about it in the off roading scene. I really need advice now to whether go ahead with this certain model or continue my search.

This is not an Off-road friendly vehicle. I would definitely pass on it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 6

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

As discussed on yesterday drive @luwaimn, it is not an offroad vehicle, it is just an AWD which does not go well with any offroading. It's just to give you a better grip on slippery wet roads and maybe pass a newbie level, but will not go beyond that level.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/9/2020 at 1:59 PM, Frederic said:

This is not an Off-road friendly vehicle. I would definitely pass on it.

And he isn't an off-road friend / expert.

I have not seen 1 Ford Escape in the desert till now. I recovered once from warqa roadside sand as they didn't have the tow hook. Can't remember if it was Escape or Edge, correctly.

• Like (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use