•  

Offroad insurance coverage

On my insurance policy offroad coverage is there, but when going deep into the T&Cs, I found that I'm only covered up to 500m from road (that is for crossing from one side to another on unpaved road).

Have you guys checked what is covered by your insurance, is there an insurance that covers roll overs when dune bashing?

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Lawrence_Chehimi said:

On my insurance policy offroad coverage is there, but when going deep into the T&Cs, I found that I'm only covered up to 500m from road (that is for crossing from one side to another on unpaved road).

Have you guys checked what is covered by your insurance, is there an insurance that covers roll overs when dune bashing?

Mine says the same

• Like (+1) 2

RSA, AXA, Oman and Tokio are comparitively good insurance provider who cover offroad accidents incl. roll over deep inside the desert.

But still before buying you should read that clearly in your policy.

500 meter ref, is not an actual offroad cover.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@GauravJust checked the AXA and RSA T&Cs, the vehicle is not covered in the following case:

If You are participating in any kind of dune-bashing, competitive event or race.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Lawrence_Chehimi said:

@GauravJust checked the AXA and RSA T&Cs, the vehicle is not covered in the following case:

If You are participating in any kind of dune-bashing, competitive event or race.

We are not in any of these activities. These clauses have always been there on insurance of AXA, RSA and Oman. However, if you have an accident, roll or flip in the desert the insurance company would cover you because what we do at Carniry is not a competition or race or dune bashing (like desert safari guys).

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Lawrence_Chehimi said:

Of course it wont as these are sporting events, they meant.

The specific word - dune-bashing - is quite misleading as what they meant is the desert challenge, motocross kind of championship and competition and racing events.

Call and ask them if regular desert drives are covered or not.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 hour ago, Lawrence_Chehimi said:

Thanks Guys for the explanation.

When my insurance is due for renewal, I'll make sure  I get a clear quote and go with a reputable insurance company.

Hi @Lawrence_Chehimi I just checked with RSA insurance for the same, the policy should mention "Off Road Cover = YES" and the photo shows what's covered in the off road, but this is an addition to the regular policy, you need to ask for it.

Also in case your renewal is not anytime soon, you should be able to upgrade the policy coverage at an additional fee of course 

Untitled.png

Edited by Tareck
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks @Tareck, I have a kind of offroad coverage with emirates insurance but up to 500m from road. Hopefully I don't have to use it anytime. Best on the renewal I will definitely move to another company.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use