UAE Green Desert: Discover Spectacular Transformation After 75-Year Rainfall

Advertise here

2 hours ago, Warren Flay said:

For the last two weeks, I have taken to 4HLc and find that the extra power directed to the front tyres results in better turn in and more assured traction in the turns resulting in tighter lines and less 'understeer induced driver error'.

Definitely 4HLC is better in sharp turn while climbing up in churned up sand. No doubt its better handle in tight technical areas, I started enjoying technical drive more!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I have been driving my LWB 3.8 with 4HLC setup since my fewbie plus days… the behaviour of the car is lot different on churned up tracks… Even with short run up to steep short climbs, car seems to have more grip and control! 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

I felt i dont have to approach a dune with bumps with lot of momentum on 4HLC, where as on 4H i need more momentum and at time I lose power on bumps.

• Like (+1) 4

So much great input as usual ! Personally I've found 4H works better for me, especially when needing power to go/push up dunes... I have a LWB 3.8.  Agree with the others that that personal driving style and feel is important.  @Paolo Pellegrini I found a big difference when driving using tiptronic - I now only use the tiptronic (mostly 2nd gear), as feel the automatic (D) is too slow to respond. There may also be a subtle difference between the 3.5 and 3.8. My car uses stock shocks, and there's no lift. 

Summary: Tiptronic all the time, mostly 2nd gear (except when more power needed), and 90% 4H

Hopefully my comments add some perspective - most of the comments above are from guys much more experienced than me. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2