•  
Advertise here

Carnity Mobile App?

Karthik Raptor

Hi @moderators,

Are there any plans for creating a Carnity mobile app (or mobile friendly web app) pls?

I mostly use the website on a phone browser, and not sure whether anyone else have noticed but the page I am on keeps refreshing automatically and goes back to top of the page each time.

Thanks.

Edited by Karthik Raptor
  • Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Karthik Raptor said:

Are there any plans for creating a Carnity mobile app (or mobile friendly web app)?

There is no plan for app, as the size of content we have no app developer can guarantee less than 2 secs page load, that is very much doable with webpages, faster browsers, cdn edge servers and faster internet. 

6 minutes ago, Karthik Raptor said:

I mostly use the website on a phone browser, and not sure whether anyone else have noticed but the page I am on refreshes automatically and goes back to top of the page each time.

It refreshes for guest user only to fetch new content. If you use site as a logged in user, it never refreshes.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thanks @Gaurav, I will keep an eye on the logged in bit. Maybe I am kicked out after certain time.

Edited by Karthik Raptor
  • Like (+1) 1

I have recently got the new IOS update on my phone and Safari browser is now behaving quite strange. Carnity web page was acting strange as well. After trying with Google chrome there seems to be no issue.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

25 minutes ago, Frederic said:

I have recently got the new IOS update on my phone and Safari browser is now behaving quite strange. Carnity web page was acting strange as well. After trying with Google chrome there seems to be no issue.

I'm having the same issue latelt in Safari. Sometimes the page doesn't load at all and most of the items it is very slow. Tried other browsers and they seem ok.

• Like (+1) 4

I am having issues on Safari as well.

I also noticed that when I open the website by clicking off an email or whatsapp link, I am not in a logged in state (although I am logged in on other tabs in the same phone browser). That explains @Gaurav's theory above 👍

Edited by Karthik Raptor

I'm assuming here, maybe due to recent iOS tracking disable feature it made browser heavy and slow to load webpages.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

As I am mostly on my phone and love the apps, I managed to find a solution using RSS feed that works for me😎 . I have tested this on an iPhone and am pretty sure it will be similar for other operating systems. If anyone else is interested these are the steps:

1) Download any RSS feed reader from App Store/ Play Store.

1.jpeg.dd72f34775bfcefd3516b316bd6593f3.jpeg

2) Open the app and click on "Add feed from keywords"

2.jpeg.53d6bcf558f584ed49509bfa4f87f8b5.jpeg

3) Add the feed URL "https://carnity.com/discover/all.xml" and tap "All Activity"

3.jpeg.61dc7062f90892a61a475576eb1741af.jpeg

4) Click 'OK' on the confirmation.
4.jpeg.e0f5d2995405d4d7ff9ed04aa0ced2a5.jpeg

5) You can see all the feeds come through.
5.jpeg.52784d54e6cc4f876f690b04e02d9b14.jpeg

Note:
1) Please login normally as you would do on carnity website, so that the page doesn't keep refreshing.
2) You can enable/disable notifications from the RSS feed reader app.

Edited by Karthik Raptor
  • Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3