•  

Michelin LTX tire review needed for sand

Gaurav

Has anyone here used Michelin LTX for regular sand driving? Appreciate any review or feedback, please.

• LTX M/S 2 (moderate 4x4 tread)
  • LTX A/T 2 (Proper AT tread, aggressive)

I used LTX M/S long ago and love the rubber quality and sand flotation, it was amazing on sand (being very light) BUT not for wadi and rocks. Also, it lasted close to 60K kms without any aging issues.

Now it seems Michelin added A/T too, which can potentially persuade me to ditch Geolander on the next tire change.

• Like (+1) 6

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

The first I had them on my JGC they are awesome. However as for off-roading very rarely but in those rare desert drives they float amazingly. 
for the second I wanted to go for them for my Xterra last year but they were not available so I kept bouncing on the Geolander 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

8 minutes ago, M.Seidam said:

for the second I wanted to go for them for my Xterra last year but they were not available so I kept bouncing on the Geolander 

I experience the same in 2020 when changing tires, as LTX was newly launched in UAE after a long gap and no one had it at that time.

• Like (+1) 3

19 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Has anyone here used Michelin LTX for regular sand driving? Appreciate any review or feedback, please.

I used LTX M/S long ago and love the rubber quality and sand flotation, it was amazing on sand (being very light) BUT not for wadi and rocks. Also, it lasted close to 60K kms without any aging issues.

Now it seems Michelin added A/T too, which can potentially persuade me to ditch Geolander on the next tire change.

Was about to ask the same - as other than Cooper they have the best of sizes, so lots of offer for my R18. Following the thread and hoping to get some good first hand usage feedback. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Not sure if anyone tried the new Trail Terrain tires from BFG, they are lighter and less aggressive than KO2, checking the specs the tires weights 40lbs for the 265/70/R16.

I have to change my H/T tires very soon;will be one of these Michelin AT, geolanders ot the new trail terrain BFG.

Edited by Lawrence_Chehimi
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

I would say try Michelin AT, as they are the only tire in the market that comes with 5-year warranty and will easily outlast 50K kms.

Even if I don't get any reviews, I am seriously 90% inclined on giving them a try soon.

My previous experience with LTX M/S (not AT) was exceptionally well in sand. They were so light and smooth that my boat LC started climbing bigger heights, with just a change to lighter tires.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

We’ll see who changes first and then provide the review to the other. But I guess i Will immediately notice the difference if I go with either, since Im moving from HT. I also never tried the Geolanders before, as you know I had the BFG Ko2 on that mighty car, so not sure how reliable my review be in terms which is better!

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

I would say try Michelin AT, as they are the only tire in the market that comes with 5-year warranty and will easily outlast 50K kms.

Even if I don't get any reviews, I am seriously 90% inclined on giving them a try soon.

My previous experience with LTX M/S (not AT) was exceptionally well in sand. They were so light and smooth that my boat LC started climbing bigger heights, with just a change to lighter tires.

Might be a good idea to actually take a weighing gauge and compare the weights. In my Geolandars I unknowingly selected the LT version of the AT which is a heavier version than the regular AT

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Alphin Aloor said:

Has anyone been able find these Michelin AT2 anywhere?

Thinking of putting them on my new Y61.

what happened to you white X terra ?

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use