Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Up, Up & Away in Area 53 - Sharjah - 29 Apr 2023

DRIVE PLAN 

Pyramid shaped vertiginous dunes in Area 53 seems unsalable at first sight. However, each of these offer a secret stairway which if treaded right lead to the top of these majestic dunes. Of course this demands approaching them with right plan and momentum. It requires a convoy high on skill and temperament - with sand super soft and steep climbs, there is no way to recover a wrong step.

So, this Saturday, lets get set to challenge our climbing skills through this awe-inspiring terrain which has tested the best of off-roaders in UAE. 

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above

When:  29 April 2023, Saturday

Meeting time:  5:45 AM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Dropped pin: https://goo.gl/maps/JkhE9hDwve8mkkU99

Approximate finish time: 10:00 AM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on FRIDAY - 12 PM
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 1

Not going to lie, super frustrating Iwas on the drive reservations before it was full but the same glitch happens every time I pay the subscription, It doesn’t give me access, this is the second time I’ve been bumped off a drive cos of this error and after waiting the whole day, with an alarm set.
so each Time I basically get 3 weeks for the price of 4 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Confused (0) 1
  • Sad (0) 3

26 minutes ago, Mark B said:

Not going to lie, super frustrating Iwas on the drive reservations before it was full but the same glitch happens every time I pay the subscription, It doesn’t give me access, this is the second time I’ve been bumped off a drive cos of this error and after waiting the whole day, with an alarm set.

@Carnity fyr .. in case something need to be checked technically. 
Hi @Mark B stay put my friend still some time to go, have been there so can imagine the pain, especially being on wl second week in a row. In general, I have been using one month subscription for last 6-7 month, never had any tech issue, still good to have this feedback for tech team to check.

Cheers

2 hours ago, Mark B said:

Send a note thru the contact page and let support advise you on what's the issue.

Seeing your WL which is done at 7:16 PM and number 2 in a queue, you might get this drive by the weekend.

image.png

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Mark B this is really strange. I have a yearly subscription so I haven’t ran into this issue yet. If by Friday morning  your still on the waitlist (e.g next up on the order to join the drive) I’ll drop out to give you the position :) no worries! 

Edited by Benjamin
  • Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

7 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Send a note thru the contact page and let support advise you on what's the issue.

Seeing your WL which is done at 7:16 PM and number 2 in a queue, you might get this drive by the weekend.

image.png

Yeah I get what you’re saying, it took 16 minutes to get it to work, when I first tried to add there were 7 people there and that was literally 10 seconds after it posted. 

6 hours ago, Benjamin said:

@Mark B this is really strange. I have a yearly subscription so I haven’t ran into this issue yet. If by Friday morning  your still on the waitlist (e.g next up on the order to join the drive) I’ll drop out to give you the position :) no worries! 

That’s really nice of you mate but wouldn’t ask you to do that at all. 
it’s a glitch it’s one of those things, just annoyed me that’s all lol 

• Like (+1) 3

@Mark B does your sub expire around 7pm ? Wonder if that could be changed.

I haven’t had this issue in the past but have had refresh page issues that made a difference between being on /off the drive, now I’m at the stage when I can be available at 7pm Monday to watch the clock to the second and open a fresh page from the WhatsApp link to sign up. 

• Like (+1) 3

Hey Gary No I paid a few days before so can’t be that,  I was literally sat with my personal phone on Carnity and my work phone as a count down timer 😂 I was on there within seconds could see 7 on the drive already then 8,9 etc and the rest is history, same thing happened last time I paid too. But I’m over it now 😂 last night I was not impressed to say the least 

Maybe I’ll just do annual to save the headache 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use