•  
Advertise here

'Off-road' shoes shop :)

This question is for @Vanessa8580 :) During Iftar drive I asked you where you got your 'off-road' shoes and then I forgot to get the location from you. Could you please share, thank you very much in advance 🙏.

• Like (+1) 2

You need what they call Tactical Shoes. The two most seen brands in the desert are from Decathlon and Antartica which is available from Amazon.

You need a shoe which goes till ankle height and preferably made of canvas and/or leather and light as well, becase in the sand you don't want to wear those heavy work shoes like the ones from Cat. Also avoid sports shoes because they are made with breather able material, and they breathe in sand. Shoes meant for snow might work well, i guess - not sure though. 

In my experiance, Decathlon are well engineered, they go well with Decathlon Desert Pants. However, my pair developed holes on both the shoes near the small finger and started to fill up with sand. I once tried to attach some Duct Tape, and they looked cool for a total of 15 min before the tape fell off. So I was in the market, this time anything but Decathlon for a change, but I could not find anything good (I visited Outlet Mall on E66), so ended up buying the Antartica Brand from Amazon.

PS: continuing my rant on Decathlon - when I washed pants in the washing machine and the hooks at the bottom shredded the pants near the ankle; lesson learnt - don't wash them in washing machine or wash them in delicate mode.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

5 hours ago, Looper said:

You need what they call Tactical Shoes. The two most seen brands in the desert are from Decathlon and Antartica which is available from Amazon.

You need a shoe which goes till ankle height and preferably made of canvas and/or leather and light as well, becase in the sand you don't want to wear those heavy work shoes like the ones from Cat. Also avoid sports shoes because they are made with breather able material, and they breathe in sand. Shoes meant for snow might work well, i guess - not sure though. 

In my experiance, Decathlon are well engineered, they go well with Decathlon Desert Pants. However, my pair developed holes on both the shoes near the small finger and started to fill up with sand. I once tried to attach some Duct Tape, and they looked cool for a total of 15 min before the tape fell off. So I was in the market, this time anything but Decathlon for a change, but I could not find anything good (I visited Outlet Mall on E66), so ended up buying the Antartica Brand from Amazon.

PS: continuing my rant on Decathlon - when I washed pants in the washing machine and the hooks at the bottom shredded the pants near the ankle; lesson learnt - don't wash them in washing machine or wash them in delicate mode.

This is super helpful, @Looper, thank you very much for the feedback and sharing personal experience 🙏🙏🙏😊.

• Like (+1) 1

Hi @Marketa Dobesova I got my shoes in a shop called Tactical trading. It’s located on Sheikh Zayed road. 

https://maps.app.goo.gl/1z7TurUSYFTrrt6Z7?g_st=iw

This is the location 😁

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Looper said:

@Looper are you talking about your tactical slides which you are using for driving :-)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Vanessa8580 said:

Hi @Marketa Dobesova I got my shoes in a shop called Tactical trading. It’s located on Sheikh Zayed road. 

https://maps.app.goo.gl/1z7TurUSYFTrrt6Z7?g_st=iw

This is the location 😁

Awesome awesome awesome 🤩 Thank you soooo much, @Vanessa8580 🙏

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Marketa Dobesova said:

I will be visiting here today or tomorrow, For same reason! 😁

Will do a research online to get an idea of price range, 

Also one input i got from kailas was : Try to look for shoes with Zipper, which is more convenient to slip in. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DP1011 said:

I will be visiting here today or tomorrow, For same reason! 😁

Will do a research online to get an idea of price range, 

Also one input i got from kailas was : Try to look for shoes with Zipper, which is more convenient to slip in. 

Brilliant, thanks a lot for your advice! Much appreciated 🙏

1 hour ago, Marketa Dobesova said:

You’re welcome ! It’s a very nice shop and they have so much stuff. The shoes are not cheap but they are really comfortable and you don’t get any sand inside. They have laces and a zipper on the side so quite easy to get your feet in. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1