Advertise here

Spare Wheel after changing rims

Hi, 

I just changed out my stock rims for some offroad ones, with a different offset and now the pajero wheel cover wont close due to the diff offset.

Considering just cutting this guy (the spare mount) and re welding it about 5cm shorter.

Is there a better option i should be considering...???? or shoud i just get choppy and weldy?

spare wheel mounting Mitsubishi Pajero IV V80 spare wheel bracket - Picture 1 of 2

Quite a few people just make a spacer to pack it out, this one’s a bit extreme but you get the idea.

IMG_3281.jpeg.6a33965a3a4ded54bc05a30f1d138f2e.jpeg

I think the best option is to delete the trim altogether, I think this looks the best and is the most functional 

IMG_3282.jpeg.91f03e8d3b5fec656fc6d60d38f5a65e.jpeg

there are also spacers available to lift the tyre up when fitting larger tires.

IMG_3283.jpeg.ca780538382bec4a9224e8e6bdb0867a.jpeg

you can just turn the mount upside down to achieve the same thing but a bit more work cutting the studs off and swapping them

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

12 hours ago, Stumpy Paj said:

Quite a few people just make a spacer to pack it out, this one’s a bit extreme but you get the idea.

IMG_3281.jpeg.6a33965a3a4ded54bc05a30f1d138f2e.jpeg

i actually have the opposite problem to this,... my wheel is sticking waaay out because of the bracket. and the door wont close due to it sticking out.

But yes i think deleteing the entire back panel might be a nicer look.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke said:

i actually have the opposite problem to this,... my wheel is sticking waaay out because of the bracket. and the door wont close due to it sticking out.

Make sure to keep your license plate lighting working. Otherwise the RTA will not pass it.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1 hour ago, PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke said:

Yeh I agree, I want to delete the rubbish looking plastic as well, makes it easier to get to the wheel and you can mount fuel containers as well.

There are people who make the delete panels and the mount for the licence plate, just haven’t found where in Dubai yet. If you do can you let me know?

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Stumpy Paj said:

Yeh I agree, I want to delete the rubbish looking plastic as well, makes it easier to get to the wheel and you can mount fuel containers as well.

There are people who make the delete panels and the mount for the licence plate, just haven’t found where in Dubai yet. If you do can you let me know?

Sure if i find somewhere to do it i will let you know!

• Thanks (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/27/2023 at 10:09 AM, Stumpy Paj said:

After strapping the spare in the back for a month I got an angle grinder and just chopped up the spare mount so the new rim fits.

Couldn't find a plastic delete place that didn't look terrible as the end result over here in Abu Dhabi.

Can't tell from the outside how I butchered that poor mount 😅😅

PXL_20230624_050745121.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1