•  
Advertise here

Jerry can filling and carrying regulations in UAE

Luke K P

Did a quick search but could not find anything relevant.

What (if there are any) are the regulations for Jerry cans for carrying petrol in UAE?

Specific colours and materials for construction, location of storage on/in vehicle depending on contents etc?

Thank-you 🙏

As far as Adnoc is concerned they never asked anything. I did not fill in any other fuel brand station ever. I heard that ENOC/ Emarat etc. might ask for EID and the purpose - but can't comment on it.

EDIT: All the Jerry Cans I have are from Ace, the flat ones so that they can go nicely in by boot. Their nozzle sucks. They break apart. A mighty BIG Thanks to @Cha who on his own got me a couple spare ones. 

Edited by Looper
remarked on Jerry Cans
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

41 minutes ago, PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke said:

Did a quick search but could not find anything relevant.

What (if there are any) are the regulations for Jerry cans for carrying petrol in UAE?

Specific colours and materials for construction, location of storage on/in vehicle depending on contents etc?

Thank-you 🙏

It's a bit Wild West here. Anything that looks like a jerry-can here can be purchased from any place. A lot of them are local made. I personally prefer metal ones.

Refueling is indeed no issue at all. Only one time the guy asked me for my EID.

Best option to store is outside the vehicle if you have a proper jerrycan holder. Another option is inside the car properly strapped in the boot, but i would only advise this if this is for a couple of hours or 1 day, like a Liwa trip or Desert Challenge :) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

9 minutes ago, Frederic said:

It's a bit Wild West here. Anything that looks like a jerry-can here can be purchased from any place. A lot of them are local made. I personally prefer metal ones.

Refueling is indeed no issue at all. Only one time the guy asked me for my EID.

Best option to store is outside the vehicle if you have a proper jerrycan holder. Another option is inside the car properly strapped in the boot, but i would only advise this if this is for a couple of hours or 1 day, like a Liwa trip or Desert Challenge :) 

lol anything goes makes it pretty easy then :-D thanks!

i dont see there is any enforcement even if there are some regulations, the guys at petrol pump never checked on me, I could fill the cans up myself at Adnoc stations.

I strap the jerry can on the second row seat instead of the tail when I was driving the LWB pathfinder, the tail part of the car tend to swing a lot and may cause damage or leakage

39 minutes ago, Looper said:

A mighty BIG Thanks to @Cha who on his own got me a couple spare ones. 

still available for order😎

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

The only restriction or regulation you may call is fuel will be filled in properly rated jerry cans and not in any other containers like water bottles etc.

Enoc and Adnoc boys are very strict with these.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use