•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Nahel - Dubai - 16 Mar 2024

We request every member who joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette, and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Color, and Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience? If yes, pls share details.
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks/eyelets.
  • Advise if you don’t have a programmable radio and safety flag.
  • MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above (all levels)

Meeting time: 6:45 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/LHbFHb1WQUtA55kV7

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:45 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• This drive is limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 6 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below calendar

Good afternoon @Pedro martinez, welcome to Carnity Offroad Club. As you would be driving with us for the first time, please help us with answers to  questions below

1. Confirm you have a Radio programmed to Carnity channels . click link - (Two Way Radio Guideline)

2. Re-Confirm which  car you will be  driving and whether it has recovery hooks - front and back

3. Confirm if you have an offroad flag and Air Compressor 

4. Any previous offroad experience or attended Carnity Masterclass?

5. Confirm you have watched the absolute newbie briefing video indicated above

@RiadJL, it will be your first drive with us also, I rely on the answers you already provided to Islam last week. Thank you.

Don't hesitate to let me know if you have specific questions before the drive.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Dear Desert Drivers, 

@Nathan @Pedro martinez @RiadJL @Dorian Zissi @rroker @Wilfredo Perez @EbrahimZAF @Rob S @Vipin M @ozgu @Menon @Hani Howeedy @Abhilash Kottakkal

Thank you for signing up for the drive in Nahel Saturday morning. In preparation for the drive, please check and make sure that your car is in good condition, especially if you have not driven in the desert for some time. Check tow hooks front and back. Make sure your radio is fully recharged, and is programmed with the 10 Carnity frequencies. (it is always easier to do it quietly at home). 

I will update tomorrow with indications to reach the meeting point, final attendance and convoy order. Please let me know before that if you changed your plans.

@Pedro martinez please check the post above and confirm, thank you.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Nathan @RiadJL @Dorian Zissi @rroker @Wilfredo Perez @EbrahimZAF @Rob S @Vipin M @ozgu @Menon @Hani Howeedy @Abhilash Kottakkal

For the drive tomorrow, please check your route to reach the meeting point. Coming from Nahel, about 300m before the final location, you will see a road to your right, with a sign "...Winter Camp..." Take that road. It is closed by a fence. Reach slowly to the fence, it will open by itself. Then continue until you see the other cars.

image.png.79ab2d3e61921b5d85d183e952f2eaa6.png

If there is fog on the route,  don't worry and drive safely, we will wait for you.

I will indicate the convoy order and the radio channel by the end of the afternoon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 3/14/2024 at 9:44 AM, JeromeFJ said:

Dear Desert Drivers, 

@Nathan @Pedro martinez @RiadJL @Dorian Zissi @rroker @Wilfredo Perez @EbrahimZAF @Rob S @Vipin M @ozgu @Menon @Hani Howeedy @Abhilash Kottakkal

Thank you for signing up for the drive in Nahel Saturday morning. In preparation for the drive, please check and make sure that your car is in good condition, especially if you have not driven in the desert for some time. Check tow hooks front and back. Make sure your radio is fully recharged, and is programmed with the 10 Carnity frequencies. (it is always easier to do it quietly at home). 

I will update tomorrow with indications to reach the meeting point, final attendance and convoy order. Please let me know before that if you changed your plans.

@Pedro martinez please check the post above and confirm, thank you.

Hello Jerome,

sorry, I have to drop off due to some other priorities, thanks for your understanding. 
regards

Menon

3 hours ago, Menon said:

Hello Jerome,

sorry, I have to drop off due to some other priorities, thanks for your understanding. 
regards

Menon

Noted @Menon.Thank you for informing early. See you next time

3 hours ago, Nathan said:

Thanks @JeromeFJ  do you know if any suitable camping locations near the start point for those of us who are notorious oversleepers? 🤣 

Hi Nathan

From the meeting point (upper red pin), you can follow the track marked in blue. It runs along a fence (to your right). with entry points marked as the other 3 red pins below. For each of these entry points, you will find a sandy track. You can enter a few hundreds meter and will find plenty of space. 

image.png.6fd83da312147c1bf56b9ab5f3bc55f4.png

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use