•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Badayer Ridge Riding Madness- Sharjah - 23 March 2024

DRIVE DESCRIPTION

Welcome to Carnity off road club FB + drive, meeting at Badayer. Please ensure your off-road gear is as per your rank and you bring lots of enthusiasm with you as this will be a drive through great variety of terrain with a few challenges.

Any one whom have taken Off-roading as a hobby for sure is seeking excitement , adrenaline and living on the edge, therefore you cant be a true Off-Roader without being able to enjoy and perform the ridge riding techniques properly and most importantly safely.

Therefore in this drive we will learn and practice how to:

1. Select the correct ridge climbing trajectory and the approach angles 

2.  decide how much power is needed to climb the ridge.

3. Suppress hesitation and the fear that may accompany the performance of the ridge ridding .

4. correctly abort the ridge riding maneuver 

5. Have Fun while doing it :D 

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above
When: 23 March 2024, Saturday 
Meeting time:  8:00 AM - Sharp
Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/ZPJvvCKqYmfuxvqN9
Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

RECOMENDED OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor (MANDATORY)
  • Walkie-talkie radio (MANDATORY)
  • Off-road flag (MANDATORY)
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Saturday - 12 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Simon D changed the title to Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Badayer Ridge Riding Madness- Sharjah - 23 March 2024
On 3/18/2024 at 5:26 PM, Simon D said:

DRIVE DESCRIPTION

Welcome to Carnity off road club FB + drive, meeting at Badayer. Please ensure your off-road gear is as per your rank and you bring lots of enthusiasm with you as this will be a drive through great variety of terrain with a few challenges.

Any one whom have taken Off-roading as a hobby for sure is seeking excitement , adrenaline and living on the edge, therefore you cant be a true Off-Roader without being able to enjoy and perform the ridge riding techniques properly and most importantly safely.

Therefore in this drive we will learn and practice how to:

1. Select the correct ridge climbing trajectory and the approach angles 

2.  decide how much power is needed to climb the ridge.

3. Suppress hesitation and the fear that may accompany the performance of the ridge ridding .

4. correctly abort the ridge riding maneuver 

5. Have Fun while doing it :D 

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above
When: 23 March 2024, Saturday 
Meeting time:  8:00 AM - Sharp
Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

RECOMENDED OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor (MANDATORY)
  • Walkie-talkie radio (MANDATORY)
  • Off-road flag (MANDATORY)
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Saturday - 12 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

Hi @Simon D am withdrawing my RSVP due to some personal family commitments.. enjoy the drive and see you soon… 

• Sad (0) 1

@Simon D

While I was eager to participate in this drive, unfortunately, I won't be able to attend as I am currently unwell with the flu.  I hope there will be another opportunity for me to sharpen my ridge riding skills in the future.

Team, enjoy the drive!

• Sad (0) 1

12 hours ago, Joji varghese said:

Hi @Simon D am withdrawing my RSVP due to some personal family commitments.. enjoy the drive and see you soon… 

@Joji varghese no problem my friend , hope to  see you soon 

33 minutes ago, Mahesh_ said:

@Simon D

While I was eager to participate in this drive, unfortunately, I won't be able to attend as I am currently unwell with the flu.  I hope there will be another opportunity for me to sharpen my ridge riding skills in the future.

Team, enjoy the drive!

@Mahesh_ no worries my friend get well soon , i am sure there will be some other time 

Dear friends I hope you are excited and ready for tomorrow's drive.

@Rafey Hashmi, @Gurcharan Mehta, @Dodi Syahdar , @Ishak

As always emphasized and required that everyone make sure that their car is in a perfect shape and have all the gears as per their rank. 

Meeting time is 8:00 AM Sharp

We will use Carnity Radio Channel 7.

The convoy order will be as the following :

image.png.d46e00aa561db254e5ea1f55189935b0.png

• Like (+1) 2

Thanks for the lead @Simon D, it was a lot of climb 😅, enjoyed.

thanks for the support team @Rob S @Dodi Syahdar

well done @Rafey Hashmi on safely fast response 👍🏼

@Gurcharan Mehta you should push me from the back with your extra horse power 😅

see you on the next drive 👍🏼

Edited by Ishak
  • Like (+1) 2

I hope you all enjoyed the drive and the weather as much as i did yesterday. everyone driven well with no serious issues only some refusals. we have crossed 47 KM with an Avg. Speed of 15.9KM/H

@Rafey Hashmi you have been a great S/L and i see you are getting to know your Jimny better every time i drive with you.

Thanks @Rob S and @Dodi Syahdar for supporting the drive .i was a pleasure seeing you guys after a while .

@Ishak i see you are managing your pajero pretty good, well done.   

@Gurcharan Mehta i see that you have managed to domesticate that beast quite well. always keep that power in check .

looking forward to see you all soon 

below is the drive statistics and details

image.png.6c8d1a195cd25c7141917676ffe288e9.png

image.png.d554799e325152906df69d4b24c8f9ff.pngimage.png.ceb6944e06aa05bb83faf5af2590382a.png

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use