Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Nahel Loop - Abu Dhabi - 12 May 2024

Nahel Loop IV.png

DRIVE DESCRIPTION

Last I drove here, it was almost a year ago. I have been planning to take another stab at it as I couldn't have enough of it. It was a Fewbie Plus drive the last time around and now we are upping the ante. We will do a loop though some technical areas in Nahel Area and exit hopefully where we started.

Due to the weather conditions, it will be super-hot, super soft with lot of push.  Emphasize check your car, to make sure you don’t have any overheating or any mechanical issues in your car. It's going to be a challenging drive, hence please be prepared and lets Loop with Looper!

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Intermediate and above
When: 12 May 2024, Sunday
Meeting time:  5:45 AM - Sharp (Without any exceptions we start the drive at 6:00 am sharp)
Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/A1Q6WarVVUY2EAPv5
Approximate finish time: 09:00 AM
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.
s of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

RECOMENDED OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor (MANDATORY)
  • Walkie-talkie radio (MANDATORY)
  • Off-road flag (MANDATORY)
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on FRIDAY - 12 PM
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

The entrance to the meeting place was flooded. Seemed like the water from the great rain did not subside. We struggled a bit to enter to the meeting point. We moved a bit ahead of the meeting point to deflate. The weather was pleasantly chilly at about 20 degrees C. As we entered into the desert it was obvious that the water puddles were from a recent rain event. There has been no off-roading activity in this area for at least since the rain a day or two before and only met one convoy of 2 TJs during our entire drive. We were climbing dunes from standstill like a turbo charged v8 Y61 with 1000 bhp could do; so, it was quite fun to do what we did and then we overdid. By about an hour into the drive, I felt I was tried. The cars could do everything we were trying out, but we were mentally getting tired as it takes a lot of mental effort to those delicate climbs on very narrow paths.  So, we decided to do some technical drive back and that's what we did. 

We did not utter the word "Refusal" even once. There was a refusal, but there was no utterance of the word. An excellent drive by @Batuhan Kulac on hi JK. I was very pleased with him wherever he was driving in the convoy. @Anoop Nair is a seasoned hand at it and loved the noise @Imteeaz was making with his VTC. Thank you all for joining this drive, see you soon once again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

@Looper thank you for scheduling and leading this amazing drive, which provided with opportunities to push the VTC and enjoy the RPM limiter...

I enjoyed every second of the drive, right from getting stuck in the mud before the deflation point.

@Batuhan Kulac @Anoop Nair thank you for making sure that we were all at the meeting point on time, and for keeping up with the pace.  

We had no refusal - for sure we had to loop back 2-3 times, which is quite normal for such a drive.

Until next time, enjoy your week

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use