Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Lisaili to Muqab - Dubai - 25 May 2024

Thank you for joining the drive in Lisaili this morning. It was great to see you motivated and eager to learn. We found a good mix of terrain, with the high dunes at the beginning, and the more technical dunes in the second part. A lot of bushes though, but it is part of the game, to accept the desert as it is, and to manage our progression through the obstacles. In the efforts to escape the bushes we had nice opportunities to drive on some long ridges, which is an excellent practice, to keep the balance of the car on a narrow line. Best thing, we had some beautiful desert views, with some green, and a lot of camels and wildlife.

You did great throughout the drive, pushing your engine and controlling your lines on the side sloping, and then keeping a constant momentum and precise driving in the technical portions. 

@Danny G thank you for the Second Lead, checking my lines, and adjusting when required. @JanS great efforts in the crossings, you were getting more confident by the end of the drive. @Pramod B great drive, still a bit of adjustment needed for the climbs and side slope, but the confidence is growing. @J-P L, amazing to see the Jimny (and your) ability to cross that mixed terrain. @Zubail the heavy Expedition has a great stability on the sand, you will continue to learn to adjust the required amount of power needed depending on the dunes. @Victor Socaciu great driving, you are really getting fast in sync with your Jeep. @Ozgu, @Ben Williams great to have you, you are now experienced drivers for this level. @TT_Dubai pleasure to have you after a long time, thank you for watching the back of the convoy, and supporting others when needed. @Frederic, big thank you for joining and watching the convoy from the middle. Always a great pleasure to drive with you !

Thank you all again for participating with a great team spirit to the recoveries and shoveling efforts. You can post your feedback here, and your photos in the gallery. Enjoy the rest of the weekend !

• Like (+1) 5

Thank you @JeromeFJand @Frederic for the absolutely amazing drive we had, we had enjoyed every bit of it.

Thank you @JeromeFJ for your inputs regarding my adjustment needed for climb and slide slopes, I will definitely work on this 😊

Thank you for all the wonderful team today, will see you soon in our next adventure 

• Thanks (+1) 2

On 5/25/2024 at 6:34 PM, Zubail said:

@Frederic send me please in tg t.me/blackman7878  your pa-pa-patrol pics, I said to friend, he is asking for pics and specs

https://dubizzle.com/s/DOBEsy3

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use