Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - 3 Day Emirates Weekend: Part 3: Abu Dhabi, somewhere in Sweihan - 16 Jun 2024

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and above (all levels)

Meeting time:  7:30 AM (departure time)

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/SxtvYdEXTLoqk88C8

Action Plan: During the upcoming Eid al Adha weekend, we will celebrate a 3-day trek across the main UAE emirates of Sharjah, Dubai and Abu Dhabi. The trek has been broken into 3 separate drives, all posted at Fewbie Level to make them more accessible to most members. As per Carnity's rules, you'll be able to only sign into 1 of the 3 drives as your drive of choice. But if you wish to do more than one drive, please wait list yourself into the other dates, and by Wednesday evening I will do my best to add members to more than one drive, so they may complete the full trek, or 2 of the 3 segments.

The plan for Day 3 is to find the most attractive, and possible unspoiled areas of Sweihan, to drive as long as possible, as a tribute to this most loved off-roading paradise. This promises to be the longest of the 3 segments, probably stretching until midday.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 12:00 PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

RECOMMENDED OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor (MANDATORY)
  • Walkie-talkie radio (MANDATORY)
  • Off-road flag (MANDATORY)
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

Dear @RiadJL, dear @ChrisW, dear @nithish468, as already done for Day 2, considering the ample availability of remaining open spots for this drive, I'll be happy to add you to the participants' list of this Day 3, if you are OK with it. Thanks a lot.

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Dear Desertnauts

getting ready for Day 3 of the 3-Emirates weekend. We'll drive the Sweihan Tilal area extensively, heading then to the Sweihan Pond, and finally across to Faya. I have been unsure if choosing the better-known part of Sweihan (the Nagrah and Nahil area, to be precise), or the less driven, south-western segment of Sweihan, and have picked the latter, as on Sunday morning it should be much more pristine, and less crowded by weekend off-roaders. The spirit of the drive is to enjoy and relax, looking, again and as usual, to cover as much distance as possible, in diverse terrains.

The convoy order will be the following:

@Andrew John Melvill in Second Lead

@ChrisW at #3

@Cesar Chacon at #4

@Batuhan Kulac at #5

@nithish468 at #6

@RiadJL at #7 and 

@Mohit Gurnani in Sweep.

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. Have a great Saturday.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

50 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi, hope there is room for me on this drive. I decided to go for another drive this weekend.

Sure @Emanuel. Please sign up. Thanks 

• Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts

getting ready for Day 3 of the 3-Emirates weekend. We'll drive the Sweihan Tilal area extensively, heading then to the Sweihan Pond, and finally across to Faya. I have been unsure if choosing the better-known part of Sweihan (the Nagrah and Nahil area, to be precise), or the less driven, south-western segment of Sweihan, and have picked the latter, as on Sunday morning it should be much more pristine, and less crowded by weekend off-roaders. The spirit of the drive is to enjoy and relax, looking, again and as usual, to cover as much distance as possible, in diverse terrains.

I went for a drive in sweihan Nagrah area up to nahel yesterday with Jerome. I can confirm that you made the right choice in this regarding the tracks. It was hyper active over the last two days. We need some rain!!

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use