•  
Advertise here

What was your worst car workshop (garage) experience?

One of strange but old garage boys couldnt fix my RR classic hearbeat (engine rpm) after lot of tries for whole day.

Then Internet forum on neighboring shop gave me heads up for checking firing order for spark plug and that did fixed the problem. Google and internet is blessing these days, otherwise i would have %^%^%^%& that mechanic. lol.

• 1 year later...

For anyone thinking of taking their vehicle to Paul at a2b garage for any type of work should think twice.

Took our vehicle there and without getting in to too much detail, after they charged me more than 7000dhs for work on our vehicle, the vehicle broke down and because of the shoddy work a2b had done to my vehicle the first time I decided to not take it back to a2b and instead took it to AAA garage in Dubai. Bill from AAA? 9,000dhs but at least AAA got the vehicle working to what a2b should have done.

Shame on me? Absolutely. But be warned. My loss should be your gain.

Now I have to go through the courts to get my money back from a2b.

1985 Defender crewcab

• 1 month later...

Al Beaa guys in sharjah charged me 500 dhs for fixing brake pads (labor only), as i bought pads. For 200 dhs installation they charge 500, just because i didn't ask labor charge first and in end this brake pad job of 2 hours become = engine overhaul job of one day.

Real thieves, my first experience was very nice and that's why i trusted them to not to check the charges first, but after this second and last experience i called it off.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I wasn't going to post this comment, but today is Friday and I wanted to go somewhere this morning by Metro only to find it doesn't operate until 13.00 hrs. My Disco has been in the garage three weeks now, and I am not happy.

I thought I would post the attached file because I find it interesting. Names of dealers and workshops have been omitted. Why do new parts in the UAE not last five minutes compared with the originals. The parts are original LR parts, but the installation of them, well..???!!!!

I will be honest with you guys, I cannot wait now to replace this Disco with a better built vehicle from Germany. I have had it with Land Rovers. Even when I took delivery of this Disco in 2003 from new in Munich, there were so many stupid flaws in it due to derisory QA/QC procedures, I was constrained to write to the MD of LR in the UK and give him a piece of my mind.

They are the best example of British garden shed engineering I can think of.

It is a 2003 Td5 HSE Facelift, with 335.000 km.

But, I will admit to one thing: the driving position, the leather seats, and the continued comfort even after 335.000 km is still unbeatable. You can still drive 1000 km and feel refreshed afterward.

I actually love the car. I hate the quality of service in the UAE, and I have no time for the complete absence of QA/QC in the UK. I just do not have the luxury of time to keep replacing new parts which fail so soon after installation, and for which I am expected to shell out.

I want something more reliable.