Jump to content

Gaurav

CLUB FOUNDER
  • Posts

    10,810
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    627
  • Country

    India
  • Carnity Points

    21,997 [ Donate ]

Everything posted by Gaurav

  1. Exhaust leaks sound more like a whistle or phish phish noise or doof doof noise, than this sharp metal ticking noise.
  2. Is it turbo car? As adding oil after few kms is normal in a turbo but not in NA engine, that means there is some oil is leaking
  3. Check the engine oil level, if its too low oil is not lubricating the top of the head where usually lifters are and those lifters when run dry make ticking noise. This is my educated guess, without knowing if Merc has lifters or not but checking engine oil level will help other professionals to advise accordingly.
  4. I don't agree @desertdude that its a rebadge thread. As gypsy and Jimmy are two different animals. Gypsy in India used and modified as king of off-road to go to some extreme high altitude places where modern 4x4 has failed. Some type of Indian LR defender on a small chassis.
  5. Very nice thread @Barry, really creative and thought-provoking topic. Mine is Maruti Gypsy, that is the king of off-road in India and not to be seen here in UAE completely.
  6. Thanks, @Barry I will post more pics once I get it serviced and clean from inside as it's from the private deal so need a bit of love. So far no plan atm, but you never know what I intend after few months as I get bored. I so wanna test its off-road capability considering 510 hp and 625 Nm torque on-board. How much hp can be up by pulley....? Thanks, @desertdude I have been eyeing 2012 - latest of the last shape since few years to once again enjoy the Range Rover experience but without beep beep beep this time (you know what I mean). Just that it took a bloody long time to search (3-4 months) for low mileage with full service history and no accidents but without insane dealer premium.
  7. Very misleading title my friend, or is it on purpose like newspapers do these days to get more clicks Whatever it was truly sad and the owner should be punished for driving the unsafe car around the city. With the age of Discovery Series II - 12 years old at least seems like a maintenance issue than a manufacturing defect to blame Land Rover.
  8. Done and Good luck buddy
  9. Gaurav

    True Off- Roader

    Very narrow escape. Which 4x4 was that....?
  10. Calling all active members and off-roaders for this social cause, please join and make a difference: @Atif @baselsm83 @NOOR OMAR @jason200 @Mujtaba @Asif Hussain @Abdul Basit Khan @shadow79 @EmVarlet @Mike FJ @Sidshk @hAwX @Prakashs @Vinod Krishna Murthy @waqaszohair @Frederic Nuyttens @manums @Richard Mellish @deepakmurali @Pristegy @Doc @Kavin @vivian @DiamondDallas @malav1210 @habeebafett @Irfan Samana @tamils_siva @ChiragD @ayman_khateeb @slick72 @Jaydeep dhanak
  11. I have got my Pajero exhaust pipe upgrade 1.5 - 2.5 from Al Khawaneej in Sharjah and then added Magnaflow Muffler (low noise) and Borla cat back. The end result has a nice response, amazing noise, good highway drone and no loud doof doof. Cops never stopped me and in passing they have passed twice without a question or doubt. In my Mustang I had Magnaflow (hushflow) that also had a nice rumble and no much noise always passed without any trouble. RTA and Tasjeel main concern is certain decibel level (don't know exact numbers), as I rem seeing 5-6 passing guys hovering next to my Mustang in both attempt and one guy hit the gas and then after 10 secs all go away saying - yeah yeah this is fine.
  12. Oh great to know that, maybe if all fail ill order material from online. Thanks
  13. OK great, will do that. Btw, Karama you are referring is in Ajman or Dubai...?
  14. Gaurav

    Rush(2013) Movie

    I remember this movie and loved it thoroughly, maybe time to repeat to refresh my limited memory.
  15. Thanks, Saleem any specific shop address you have or at least some area where about will be helpful
  16. My car door replaced and repainted after the recent accident, now insurance workshop can't source reflective sticker for the door. He tried with habtoor too and no luck, maybe they will special order which will take 2 months to come with big maybe. Anyone knows where we can source the reflective material so any shop can copy, print and cut the same alphabets of PAJERO ?
  17. Long live Mercedes G55 Antenna, totally trendsetter even for the Toyota Hiace communication needs.
  18. Go with original mounts, as you don't change them often and they should be good for next 4-5 years. Why take chance for half the amount, every time I trust un-heard brand I regret later.
  19. It's a 2009 Saab 9-7x, identical to trailblazer.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use