•  

Not for the faint of heart 4 May 2018

Rahimdad

As the season is just starting to sizzle and the summer seems to be setting in, but we are still blessed with cooler evenings and comfortable nights. We have already done so much, so how we can even better this experience? I hope that through this trip we are able to tickle everyone fancy.

So it's going to be:-

• Desert dune bashing drive - CHECK
  • Challenging mountain climb - CHECK
  • BBQ, special food, shisha, drinks and laughter - CHECK
  • Astro / Night photography - CHECK

The plan is to meet everyone interested in the desert drive at the first Adnoc Petrol Station on Maliha Road, entering Khatam and do some awesome dunes to cross over on Fossil Rocks and reach Faya to play for some time.

We will then head to the Tawi Khatimah Mountain where we will inflate to make our way to the mountain top where we can set up camp and relax with chat, food, drinks and shisha. Amazing photo opportunity awaits for all of us at night and to show off with our families and friends.

fossil rock.jpg

Friday evening drive:

Date: 04 May 2018

Meeting point: First Adnoc Petrol Station Maleha Road (https://goo.gl/maps/mzb26kxzte72)

Meeting time: 2:30 PM - Leaving sharp at 3 PM

Vehicle: Only 4x4 with good ground clearance without any body kit

Basic recovery equipment such as 2 way radio, flag and air compressor are very important and carry lots of water and something for BBQ, snacks and dinner enough for yourselves and a little extra to share with all.

Absolute compulsory to bring your stories, sense of humor and willingness to learn and followinstructions during the drive.

Exact Terrain:

Those interested please sign up on the calendar as per below link.
  • Like (+1) 2

It looks very exciting, and if you consider I have the level required, I would be very happy to join this ride. Just a question : does a Xterra have a body kit ? Sorry for my ignorance, I don’t know what a body kit means exactly... 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, EmVarlet said:

It looks very exciting, and if you consider I have the level required, I would be very happy to join this ride. Just a question : does a Xterra have a body kit ? Sorry for my ignorance, I don’t know what a body kit means exactly... 

Your Xterra doesn't have a body kit and for the level required I let the trip leader advise.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@EmVarlet you are already a freebie+ level and have managed most terrain well. As per my experience you are ready for this trip. Plus you are not faint at heart as you have proved to be a fast and keen learner. You are most welcome to join.

@skumar83 we should be at the bottom of the Mountain inflated in day light to reach on top before sunset. You may leave whenever you run out of time. Hope you can experience the beauty of the sunset from the top of our Mountain.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rahimdad said:

@EmVarlet you are already a freebie+ level and have managed most terrain well. As per my experience you are ready for this trip. Plus you are not faint at heart as you have proved to be a fast and keen learner. You are most welcome to join.

@skumar83 we should be at the bottom of the Mountain inflated in day light to reach on top before sunset. You may leave whenever you run out of time. Hope you can experience the beauty of the sunset from the top of our Mountain.

I think you wanted to put my name :) If timing happen as you said, i can be there.

• Like (+1) 1

• Gaurav changed the title to Not for the faint of heart 4 May 2018

Important Information

Terms of use