•  
Advertise here

Al Wagan Drive - 12 Jan 2018

What better way to start the 2018 season, by having a full day drive at Al Wagan on 12th Jan 2018. It will be the first drive to Al Wagan for Carnity Group and hopefully the first of many more. 

The plan is to meet up on Thursday evening at Al Wagan around 10 pm and camp there for the night. We shall start our drive early morning on Jan 12th. The drive will be split in two sections, with the first being one stretch of dunes. We shall return via the sabkha area back to Al Wagan town for the Friday prayers and also to finish our lunch. We would then return to the desert via the sabkha area and head towards more deeper wagan, as per time permits.

This is an Intermediate level drive, so no newbies and fewbies are advised to join. This requires the best of the driver and cars so please sign up only if you are 100% confident. This drive requires a lot of dedication, discipline, and commitment to continue driving in rigorous off-road terrain and keep the convoy moving at all the times.

It is very important to reiterate to everyone to ensure that your car is in the best of condition with all necessary fluid checks done, air filter check is done, 5 good working condition tires, etc. Further, due to the nature of the area, I do recommend that to carry only the essentials that are needed for the drive to reduce the weight in your car.

Time and Date: 7 PM, 11 Jan 2018
Meeting point: https://goo.gl/maps/JdSnTEv3jN72 - Emarat Petrol Station at Al Ain Road

Deflation and Wagan Entry Point: https://goo.gl/maps/g9uegbtfkAJ2 (23°35'32.0"N 55°24'24.8"E)
ADNOC Fuel station near entry point + Mosque: https://goo.gl/maps/S9u6EQusFgC2
Breakfast: 7 AM, 12 Jan 2018 and pack cars and start off-road drive by 8 AM

Optional: Members who don't want to do overnight camp, can join at above deflation point by 8 AM.

Friday Prayer and lunch Break : 12 PM – 1 PM at Al Wagan town 
Ending point: https://goo.gl/maps/3HhxuWTF6yt (hopefully by sunset) - Next fuel station at 70 - 80 km range.

Checklist: Each and everything will be verified at the meeting point before starting

• Your 4x4 should be well serviced and all lubes and fluid should be topped up
  • 20 Liter fuel jerry can
  • 20 Liter water can or equivalent water bottles
  • "5 WORKING INFLATED TIRES"
  • Air compressor, tow rope, 2 rated shackles, proper shovel, flag, jack and wooden plank
  • Fire extinguisher, first aid kit, radio with charger, mobile with car charger, emergency light/torch
  • Camp to sleep overnight, warm clothes, In case of emergency - contact number printed 
  • Enough food for 2 days for yourself and others to share - MUST
  • Disposables plates and glasses would be better to lighten the load for the drive
  • Dry food, energy bar, cookies, nuts, crisp to munch while driving
  • Stand-alone GPS unit or mobile GPS app that works offline (MotionX for IOS and Geo or GPS tracker for Android)

Please RSVP on the below calendar

• Like (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, sertac said:

Good adventure but these days i am not fully thrust my car for that kind of adventure. I need to change my fuel pump.

So it's time to change that or fix that. I am getting my Pajero engine oil leak and front differential mounts change right now.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

13 hours ago, Mujtaba said:

Will join in the morning 

Good one buddy, looking forward. Hope your Jeep fan is fixed now?

19 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

I Will join in the morning.

14 hours ago, Mujtaba said:

Will join in the morning 

Guys don't be late and we will move sharply at 8 AM, so plan time for petrol fill ups, stretching or managing your breakfast to not to delay the convoy.

• Like (+1) 1