•  
Advertise here

Baofeng UV-5R frozen on a frequency

Niki

<<fixed 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️ >> pls delete this post 

I had the channel lock on (Symbol by the battery with a key displayed). removed that by holding down the # key

@Frederic @Gaurav I have been using my Baofeng UV-5R since starting with the club (6 rides no issues). 

testing for tomorrow’s drive my unit is stuck on the channel I last used (2).  The buttons when pressed make a sound to show they are functioning however none work?  The menu button, a/s band, up-down buttons and all numbers do not seem to work. 

I have removed the battery and given it some time but still not allowing any keys to work. 

have you experienced this previous and is there a way to hard reset the device.  It’s nice having a second radio so if I can get it working that would be great!

@Ale Vallecchi I do have a spare radio :) so am all good for tomorrow so no troubles there. 

thanks in advance 

Edited by Niki Patel
  • Like (+1) 2

Hahaha I was about the say the same thing: is your keypad lock on 😜

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

30 minutes ago, Niki Patel said:

<<fixed 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️ >> pls delete this post 

I had the channel lock on (Symbol by the battery with a key displayed). removed that by holding down the # key

@Frederic @Gaurav I have been using my Baofeng UV-5R since starting with the club (6 rides no issues). 

testing for tomorrow’s drive my unit is stuck on the channel I last used (2).  The buttons when pressed make a sound to show they are functioning however none work?  The menu button, a/s band, up-down buttons and all numbers do not seem to work. 

I have removed the battery and given it some time but still not allowing any keys to work. 

have you experienced this previous and is there a way to hard reset the device.  It’s nice having a second radio so if I can get it working that would be great!

@Ale Vallecchi I do have a spare radio :) so am all good for tomorrow so no troubles there. 

thanks in advance 

Hi Nikki , last time I was in desert I faced same issue and luckily I always keep a spare radio , it turned out when I went back home that it was on Lock Screen , unlocked it and issue solved 😄

16 minutes ago, Niki Patel said:

Lmao!!! I blame my kids (driving me nuts) and my age!! Sorry for the pointless post! 

Don’t worry about it bro , things sometimes seems strange and you need a friend for it and here we are all friends of yours 😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use