Advertise here

Pajero Gen4 offroad tire size

1 minute ago, Warren Flay said:

Looks really good!

Are those Geolandar A/T G015's? If so, what pressure can you safely run them down to? 12?

@Warren Flay these are Geolander AT G012, I was deflating to 11 on newbie drives, today on fewbie drive I had a popout on pretty straight forward sidey, I was advised to stay on 12 to ovoid popout.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Warren Flay said:

Looks like Lakshmi may disagree?

I had tyre rubbing issue as well today which might have contributed to todays situation.

Just now, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

I had tyre rubbing issue as well today which might have contributed to todays situation.

One of the drives I was on qudra had air leak problem, I managed on 9 that day. I didnt had tyre rubbing problem initially, after few drives the problem started. I should have got that fixed yesterday, but there was delay from garage. Should be sorted out today, probably you can have a look on Friday’s drive.

• Thanks (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Warren Flay said:

Looks like Lakshmi may disagree?

Ofcourse a lot depends on your drive style and how sharp your turns are, are you fighting gravity resulting on the entire weight of the car on one side, etc

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

10 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

Ofcourse a lot depends on your drive style and how sharp your turns are, are you fighting gravity resulting on the entire weight of the car on one side, etc

I was on right momentum suddenly felt a drop while driving straight so was trying to take left and get down without any luck and came down side ways even while trying to exit. One bad day, nothing to blame on tyres.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Srikumar said:

@Srikumarplease check this video of my popout, this happened on my rear left wheel which is surprising!!!

• WOW (+2) 1

This can be due to a few reasons:

1. Your car was fishtailing towards the left and hence the weight of the car was heavily on that tyre

2. You might have been lower than 10 psi in very first place

3. Though not very clear but probably the rear took a bump during the side slopping

• Like (+1) 2

Dear @Lakshmi Narasimhan I had a similar pop out on the same side and position for the pop out you mentioned. The reason was obvious. I was speeding on a deflated tire and hit a step which let the air out because the seating between the bead and the tire separated for a brief moment  which lead to the pop out. In this video I think I saw you also jumping down a step. Probably this caused your tire to pop out.

• Like (+1) 1

I was exact on 11psi, double checked. Yes there was a very small negligible bump, will that cause a pop out?, probably drifting to left and bump combination could be the reason.