•  
Advertise here

Apex Rapid Precision Value 3.0

W a q a r

Hi All, I am interested to fix Apex rapid precision valve on my JL that has 33" tires but would like to hear your views as I have heard people complaining that these valves affect the desert drives, not sure how true it is and hence seek your views. Also, should I consider Apex Rapid Precision Value 3.0 or Apex Rapid Precision Value 3.0 XL?

Thanks and your views would be much appreciated.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Waqar Sarwar said:

complaining that these valves affect the desert drives

In Carnity we know that only skills affect desert drives 😁

Great feature in my experience, you can deflate all wheels in 1 minute. I am using them for a year or so, no issues were detected. The only specific is that they are not suitable for the fuel station's air system - so you have to inflate them by yourself (in any case, we all here have powerful pumps and rarely use air from the fuel station)

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

same positive experience as Ilya - however you must get the valves fitted by a reputable/experienced place (Formula Tires in Dubai seem the go to place for even the garages that sell the valves).  they should advise if the XXL or XL vales are required for your rims.  There has not been a single negative with the valves in my experience.  

TPMS sensors will likely have to be removed (some can be retro-fitted back however the garage will advise). 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Hi APEX deflators are a good addition to the offroad equipment in your car.

With regards to the size of the APEX valve, this will depend on the rim you are installing them, check that the valve is not too close to the wheel otherwise you will have trouble opening them.  I had Black Rhino wheels (Rift model) and had to install XL.

For the TPMS, in case yours don't fit then there is an adaptor for APEX valves. Formula Tyres on Umm Suqeim road has those adaptors.

• Like (+1) 1

I screw a manual tire pressure gauge to the tyres and deflate till it shows 10 psi, and after the Condensation effect is gone it settles at 12 psi. I don’t have to do any guesswork and don’t have to usually check back so it is slightly quicker and more precise IMO.

Jeep TPMS sensors work fine with the Apex valves.

As mentioned by @Ilya the gas station air pressure doesn’t work well with them. old one won’t work at all - if used they will only deflate the tires, but I have used newer gas station air chucks and found them to be workable, although you have to hold them at some specific angles.

After the drives I usually pressure up a couple of psi over the recommended psi and in this case due to the compression of air by compressor, the air is hot and it will initially show higer psi but will soon cool down a couple of psi lower than initial reading.

• Like (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

hi @Waqar Sarwar

just want to underline what was said already. I tried a lot of tools but I could have saved a lot of money, buying APEX in the first place. I would rate it as the best convenience "mod". For me they are also working fine with the sensors (JLU). I am biased so I cannot comment if they affect my driving skills ;-) but I am not sure why this should be the case. I had a minor defect on one of them during a drive but when you close the cap tightly the air won't disappear and you can easily finish your run. 

I am sure you will have a lot of fun with them. (using mine for about a year now)

Edited by Felix Obst
forgot a detail, typo correction
  • Like (+1) 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/18/2021 at 3:19 PM, Looper said:

As mentioned by @Ilya the gas station air pressure doesn’t work well with them. old one won’t work at all - if used they will only deflate the tires, but I have used newer gas station air chucks and found them to be workable, although you have to hold them at some specific angles.

Got a work around for pumping up at the gas station. I have bought air chucks off the Amazon and when I put them on I am able to use the petrol pump air stations to air up the car.

5402BC63-53CB-4995-8457-8802A9B8C626.jpeg.3930d8d3f23093528e6253bfc9921501.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

Important Information

Terms of use