•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Murquab to Lisaili - Dubai - 29 May 2022

Frederic

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardise someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above

When:  29 May 2022, Sunday.

Meeting time: 05:30 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/VyPiUd4WiR5pAJka7

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 09:30AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Saturday 10AM
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

image.png.f5484a7478737ab85879ab35456bc381.png

Dear Carniteers @Adam James @Anirudh Dayma @Alfie Argana @Yogesh Chaudhary@Jonny90@Dodi Syahdar@Zubair@Alex Hollands @Ashok chaturvedi

Please find your convoy positions in above list. I hope to see you all bright and awake at  05:30AM at below location:

https://goo.gl/maps/CZGb6DH6hWnXCwim8

Please bring your deflator, flag, shovel, and radio. We will be using Carnity Channel 1: 446.00625 Mhz

Have a look at below briefing video to refresh your basics:

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

See you tomorrow !
  • Like (+1) 1

The gentle breeze this morning invited us into the Murquab dunes, and we happily obliged. With a small yet very capable convoy we easily digested the multiple technical areas we came across, with only a handful of refusals and stucks. I had my eyes set on some large long range dunes nearby Lisaili towards the end, but at one point my car started overheating very quickly and when I stopped and @Dodi Syahdar came to the rescue we noticed the coolant was all gone. Quickly Dodi his friend found the culprit which was a loose heater core hose. Took us some time to bypass the heater core and refill the radiator but after that time was running out and we had to head to the exit. 
@Adam James you did great as SL today ! @Anirudh Dayma and @Yogesh Chaudhary rocking their Pajeros brilliantly, @Zubair with his new FJ toy driving effortlessly, @Jonny90 gliding the  Super Safari through its natural habitat, all the while @Dodi Syahdar was everywhere to help out where needed.

@Alex Hollands and his roaring Wrangler, and @Ashok chaturvedi surfing in the back of the convoy. A coherent team !

Thank you all for joining today, I promise next time we’ll be spending extra time on the long range dunes !

• Thanks (+1) 1

@Frederic thank you very much for an expertly led drive on Sunday morning at Murquab. Not sure if it was that we had a slightly shorter convoy than usual but I thought we all kept up a great pace and as a team had a very minor amount of stucks or refusals. Certainly keeps the adrenaline going when the dunes are receptive!

@Dodi Syahdar & @Ashok chaturvedi thank you as ever for the guidance and advise it’s gratefully received.

Great to meet you all.

Lookin forward to the next one already@Frederic

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Frederic said:

The gentle breeze this morning invited us into the Murquab dunes, and we happily obliged. With a small yet very capable convoy we easily digested the multiple technical areas we came across, with only a handful of refusals and stucks. I had my eyes set on some large long range dunes nearby Lisaili towards the end, but at one point my car started overheating very quickly and when I stopped and @Dodi Syahdar came to the rescue we noticed the coolant was all gone. Quickly Dodi his friend found the culprit which was a loose heater core hose. Took us some time to bypass the heater core and refill the radiator but after that time was running out and we had to head to the exit. 
@Adam James you did great as SL today ! @Anirudh Dayma and @Yogesh Chaudhary rocking their Pajeros brilliantly, @Zubair with his new FJ toy driving effortlessly, @Jonny90 gliding the  Super Safari through its natural habitat, all the while @Dodi Syahdar was everywhere to help out where needed.

@Alex Hollands and his roaring Wrangler, and @Ashok chaturvedi surfing in the back of the convoy. A coherent team !

Thank you all for joining today, I promise next time we’ll be spending extra time on the long range dunes !

Thank you and great to drive under your command.. I hope your  car gets a look over. Sometimes are are simple solutions and this was proved by Dodi and his friend.. 

55 minutes ago, Jonny90 said:

@Frederic thank you very much for an expertly led drive on Sunday morning at Murquab. Not sure if it was that we had a slightly shorter convoy than usual but I thought we all kept up a great pace and as a team had a very minor amount of stucks or refusals. Certainly keeps the adrenaline going when the dunes are receptive!

@Dodi Syahdar & @Ashok chaturvedi thank you as ever for the guidance and advise it’s gratefully received.

Great to meet you all.

Lookin forward to the next one already@Frederic

Thanks dear the entire convey did great there was only a couple of stucks and rest were mere refusals. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use