•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Lisaili Camel Racing Team - Dubai - 12 Nov 2022

Ale Vallecchi

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and above 

Meeting time: 7:30 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Near the single lane camel track at Lisaili

Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/yFFzpSNziFLhBd1HA

Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

Action Plan:  Lisaili is the home of Dubai's race camel farms, as well as the place where they train, on the circuit track, or the straight track. All along most of the Lisaili's plateau one can easily find camel tracks or run into herds or trains of these lanky animals. Inspired by a famous car racing team, we'll exploit this wonderful area of camel farming and training to do our own training and racing across the dunes. As camels do, we'll move along, up, and over the white dunes of Lisaili, steadily and patiently overcoming all obstacles, until we'll be satisfied that we've had our fair share of "pasture".

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

Dear @Krishna R. Thanks for joining the drive. As I see you have listed 2 cars, which one will you take to the drive? It would help me knowing it to finalize the convoy order. Thanks

Hello @Ale Vallecchi Greetings!

I will be bringing the xterra for the drive.

In fact, I won't be using the Infiniti for off roading anymore, so il remove it from my profile. 

Apologies for the confusion. Looking forward to the drive.

Regards Krishna

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Dear Desertnauts

In preparation for tomorrow's drive, considering that this will be my first drive with most of you, please feel free to write me about any question you may have, or to share any information about your experience, or any concerns and questions you may have about tomorrow's itinerary.

We will meet at the beginning of a sand track running along the pylons in the direction of Solar Park. We will need to stay on this track for a few Kms, in order to avoid running into a camel training track that coasts the pylons and block the entrance to Lisaili's dune range. Past the camel track, the entrance to Lisaili proper will be through a small but tricky patch of technical dunes (low but sharp, and very close together, creating relatively deep bowls with soft sand at the bottom). After this first test, we'll move into the taller and longer range dunes of Lisaili. where we will warm up with some side-sloping, before picking starting to criss-cross the ridges, and move at a faster pace. Based on the convoy's performance and behavior, we'll decide whether we'll move forward all the way to Solar Park, or we'll loop back to Lisaili. 

The convoy order will be the following:

@Nathan L in Second Lead

@Lukas at #3

@Yerem Davtyan at #4

@Krishna R in #5

@Andrew McCarthy at #6

@Rajat Verma #7

@Jad Moussalli #8

@Mark Birch at #9

@Andrei S #10, and 

@Paolo Pellegrini in Sweep.

Please reach the meeting point in time for a speedy departure. Once arrived start deflating, and tune into Carnity Radio Channel 2 (446031).

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow morning.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Rajat Verma said:

@Ale Vallecchi Apologies for the last minute drop out as need to go Abu Dhabi early morning for a meeting.

Was looking forward to this drive but cant help it.

Apologies again 🙏

Dear @Zubair, due to this late drop out would you like to join the drive tomorrow? Thanks for updating. 

Important Information

Terms of use