•  
Advertise here

Exploring around Jebel al Harim - Oman

Hi Carnity,

Has anyone traveled the area in Oman that is in northern UAE? It looked like an interesting area to spend a few days exploring the mountains and coastlines, and would love any feedback/recommendations. My aim is offroading/overlanding style, and camping out of my truck.

And, if anyone thinks this sounds like fun and want to join, let me know. I'm aiming to go over the next couple weeks.

Cheers,

Brett

Screenshot 2022-12-15 122551.jpg

Edited by Brett Eicher
  • Like (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 3

@munkybizness Thanks for the feedback, and your company would be most welcome!

I was looking through google maps, and saw lots of wierd little trails, wadi's and cuts... as you said, I was hoping to find a way linking the north/west and east coasts. I was looking at the map for a khasab-rawdah-dibba route.

I did see the check-point you mentioned. wasn't sure how far it extended, and what routes it cut off. A shame, that as expats we are prevented from taking some of these trails, as they look fun.  I read that Jebel al Haram peak is off limits, which makes sense, as this is where military facilities are set up... comms towers or radar stuff.

• Like (+1) 5

image.png.1f031a35beda90213fc8512cfc5bd07e.pngWikiloc is our trusty source for finding trails !

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

I have done this several years back with friends including overnight camp and BBQ on top of Jabal Alharim.. with multiple stops at interesting view points along the way.. crossing to UAE back from the other side of the trail is not allowed for expats as @munkybiznesssaid so you have to turn back and follow same route through Khasab.

P..S. If u are camping on top of Jabal Alharim make sure you have more than enough stuff to keep u warm at night and early morning hours .. it’s freezing cold

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Well done @Brett Eicher for taking the initiative to kick-start the Overlanding trips. Hope you guys explore and find something nice and doable for us to follow. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.