•  

Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Lisaili Rockers - Dubai - 6 May 2023

Gaurav

Welcome Fewbies to Lisaili Rockers, a drive that offers all the driving and recovery skills to be mastered in one place.

• Roller coaster side sloping
  • Ridge ride to slide
  • Fighting a bit of gravity
  • Crisscrossing with confidence
  • Stay afloat on technical dunes
  • Blip Blip when you get stuck
  • Rock your boat on soft sand

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie and above

When:  7 May 2023, Saturday 

Meeting time:  3:00 PM  - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/UDzJ7FKT2Aq5HcyFA

Approximate finish time: 7:00 PM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on FRIDAY - 12 PM
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Hi All, due to some personal reasons I won't be able to join this drive. Instead, @Kailas and @Looper will be leading with the same drive plan and challenges. Have fun.

Thanks Kailas and Goutam for saving this drive.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@FERNANDO SYRIO, @Patrick, @Parliament, @Juan R, @Gautam Banka, @Mohit Gurnani, @Hugo, @george charbel, @Cristian and @Imteeaz, @Kailas & @Islam Soliman

Thank you all for joining the drive. Here are the brief details for you to prepare for tomorrow afternoon's drive.

Estimated Start Time: 3:00 pm

Estimated Finish Time: 7:00 p.m.

Meeting Point: Lisaili

Estimated End Point: Quadra Roundabout

Nearest Filling Station: EPPCO 50, E66

Radio Channel: Channel 2 (446.031)

Convoy Order:

image.png.8d53e1907c1aa657532d27fe48d592ac.png

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

@Looper thank you for taking the initiative to lead us thru the amazing dunes of Lisaila; though it was a warm afternoon, with the mercury hitting almost 40 deg C, i enjoyed the drive while enjoying the AC.

big thanks to @Kailas as well for being SL, and ensuring that we were taking the tracks that would suit most of the drivers.

@Islam Soliman great to see you again mate, and i hope that you have been able to get your car fixed.  the engine swap played some tricks on us during the drive, and caused us some worries at the end of the drive.  hopefully it is a quick fix and we will be able to enjoy the dunes together in the near future.

@Cristian @Mohit Gurnani  @FERNANDO SYRIO @Parliament @Patrick @Juan R @george charbel @Hugo  @Gautam Banka  you all drove well for a FB level.  taking into consideration that it was quite warm, with the sand being quite soft as well, the couple of refusals we had were simply part of the fun.

@Gautam Banka similar to Islam, i hope that you have been able to get your car fixed.  though your pop-out with the bead grips gave us some headache, we managed to get you to the exit point where you got your car towed.  Please please please get your tyres checked, and the correct adaptor for your tyre lugs.   You will also need to spend a bit of time to know how to remove your spare tyre.  Now that you are driving on bead grips, I would recommend that you buy some tyre lube/lubricant that could be used to ease the rubber back against the rim without any issues.

personally i had an amazing time driving with all of you.

enjoy your week.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

The Mercury Retrograde was heavy on me that day. 🤔 When the going gets tough, the tough get going - This is what I have experienced in Carnity Drives. 🤗 The tyres popped out twice on same day - same tyre. I checked tyre later and found that the apex valve had ruptured and there was a air leak happening. I have changed to new valve and car is fixed. Also realized to do few shopping for future rides - New Adaptor for tyres as old stock tyre adaptor not compatible with new method rim. A 2.5 ton jack for lifting the car, and some lubes for the tyres.

I can't thank enough 🙌 to the crew who stayed back and did everything to pull my car back on the tarmac road. However it was a great fun and learning ride. My apologies to rest of the riders for holding you back. 🥴

I look forward to drive back this weekend with all corrective measures.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Gautam Banka thanks for the feedback with regards to the Apex valve - maybe thats why we could not build enough internal pressure to push the rubber against the rim.

The new adaptor is surely required as we never know when we will need it.

It was a great learning session for me - never had to fix a pop-out on a bead grips rim.

Enjoy your week.

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use