•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - 24.8 Murquab to Qudra - Technical Terrain Transit Part 3 - Dubai - 10 June 2023

GauravSoni

Drive Plan:

Welcome to the 3rd edition of the Skill drive series - Technical Terrain Transit - Part 3. 

If you enjoy cruising through the Technical Dunes and are not afraid to put your limits to test, you have come to the right place!

Latitude and longitude have been used in astronomy and navigation since ancient times. By calculating the angle between the horizon and a celestial object (usually the sun or the North Star), navigators could determine their approximate latitude using basic tools.

Lines of latitude, also called parallels, are imaginary lines that divide the Earth. They run east to west, but measure your distance north or south. The equator is the most well known parallel. At 0 degrees latitude, it equally divides the Earth into the Northern and Southern hemispheres. From the equator, latitude increases as you travel north or south, reaching 90 degrees at each pole.

image.png.9219852a29dc8905aa4407e8ca732fe2.png

There are other named lines of latitude. They’re based on the sun’s position during Earth’s orbit, and they help us understand climate, weather, and ocean currents. The Tropic of Cancer, at roughly 23 degrees north, and the Tropic of Capricorn, at roughly 23 degrees south, are the boundaries of what we consider the tropics. The Arctic Circle and the Antarctic Circle are at roughly 66 degrees north and south, respectively. They mark the boundaries of the Arctic and Antarctic regions.

Using GPS to determine the Latitude and Longitude, we can pin point the exact location on the surface of the Earth. 

We use Inbuilt GPS on our mobile devices  or standalone dedicate GPS devices to find these coordinates and mark our positions / waypoints on a track.

Our intention of the drive will be to follow the 24.8 degree latitude ( hence the name of the drive) moving EAST to WEST ( Murquab to Qudra Solar Park) navigating the most technical patch of desert. 

image.png.89076563508721d9f6ee6e3b8c275295.png

What to EXPECT: Tight Corners / Hard Right - Hard Left / Shoveling Shoveling Shoveling!!!

What NOT to Expect : High Flying Dunes / Fast pace / long range climbs / 6000 RPM!

General Overview

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

•  

Drive Details

Level: Fewbie Plus and Above 

When:  10th Jun'2023 Saturday.

Meeting time: 5:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions).

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/FReXSwN6iFgt8aa19 

This is drive start point  https://goo.gl/maps/FKA51EZqJrGvmZ5e6

Type of Car: Any  4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 9:30 AM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE UNLESS YOU HAVE A COMPRESSOR. ANYONE ARRIVING AT THE DRIVE WITHOUT A COMPRESSOR, FLAG, PROPER SHOVEL AND DEFLATION KIT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. ALL TOW POINTS WILL BE CHECKED BEFORE DEPARTURE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:
  • Limited to 10 cars only.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below calendar

• Like (+1) 8

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - 24.8 Margham to Qudra - Technical Terrain Transit Part 3 - Dubai - 10 June 2023
4 hours ago, GauravSoni said:

What NOT to Expect: High Flying Dunes / Fast pace / long range climbs / 6000 RPM!

Hope everyone reads this...!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

For me this is one of the best drive intro so far . Please @Carnity take that into consideration for awarding best intro for this month at least 😅

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

@GauravSoni I will celebrate 1 yr of my last TTT drive with you😁, which was exactly (almost) 1 yr ago! 18 June 2022, where u called it Game of 2000! (rpm) . Thoroughly looking fwd to this! 
1 more vote for best intro of the month✌️! @Carnity! Totally agree with @M.Seidam!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1

47 minutes ago, Bravoecho said:

Looking forward to this @GauravSoni however the first thing that comes to mind is how many gear changes I will be making.

My arm will look like Popeyes when we get to Qudra 🤣

Don’t forget to carry spinach!!!!

84F2D2E0-4847-4D83-919D-E50BFB6C1AC2.jpeg.11eb4177dfc8d60e93fc85a2f9b1631f.jpeg

@DP1011

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

40 minutes ago, DP1011 said:

@GauravSoni A curious question I have been thinking about, Why is it called Part 3?  ( I have FOMO if i missed out part 1,2)😂😂

This drive is 3rd drive… you’ve been on the 1st drive under the TTT name! 

• Like (+1) 1

• GauravSoni changed the title to Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - 24.8 Murquab to Qudra - Technical Terrain Transit Part 3 - Dubai - 10 June 2023

Please note that google maps does not indicate any driving direction to the drive start point. 

Please follow the https://goo.gl/maps/FReXSwN6iFgt8aa19 location to show you the route on GMAPS. 

The road will lead to the starting point.

In any confusion you can wait at this point for other driver to join.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use