•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Faqa'a - Dubai - 19 Aug 2023

Looper

DRIVE PLAN

We will start down the line on the way to Chimney in Al Faqaa' and take a track parallel to the Solar Park installations till we reach "Little Sweihan". We will cross some Technical Areas as well as a few Sabkhas on the way.

GENERAL OVERVIEW

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above

When:  19 August 2023, Sunday

Meeting time:   5:30 AM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/4ANcSzkwCNB8Vtqi7 (end of the road leading to solar power tower " chimney" near the tree)

Approximate finish time:  9:30 AM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit, Tow Rope, 2 Shackles and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. 
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a couple of hours prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

don't drive like its your last one.

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Faqa'a - Dubai - 19 Aug 2023

@Amir Amiri can you tell me what vehicle are you going to bring to the drive. I know you have a green RAM 1500 but your profile has a FJ making me curious. 

• Like (+1) 1

@Stumpy Paj, @Jaro Tuzinsky, @Mark D, @Mark B, @Amir Amiri, @Joseph Raju, @Bravoecho, @Mohit Gurnani, @Gary F, @Pieter Pot

Thank you all for joining the drive. I will be posting the convoy order later in the day. Request you not to be a No-Show and instead rest well and arrive on time. In case you think there are going to be any issues withdraw from the drive. Meanwhile do check the health of your vehicle as it will be quite hot very soon, exceeding 40 degrees by the time we end the drive.

This drive will be slightly different than the previous FB+ that I started here. Instead of going straight ahead & parallel to the solar park installation we will head southwest to the long-range dunes. Our objective will be to avoid technical patches on the way as much as possible and reach as quickly as possible to Little Sweihan. We will exit at the Innovation Center at or about 9:30. You may expect a slight delay. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

@Stumpy Paj, @Jaro Tuzinsky, @Mark D, @Mark B, @Amir Amiri, @Joseph Raju, @Bravoecho, @Mohit Gurnani, @Gary F, @Pieter Pot, @DP1011

Please try to be a bit early so that we can deflate and start around the start time. We have our very own marquee advisor DP1011 joining us on our drive going behind Mark B and Mark D (pun intended 100%😁).

Following are the details of the drive tomorrow:

Meeting time:  5:30 AM

Meeting Point: Faqa towards Chimney

Fuel Station: Emarat- Grayteesah

Convoy will be on Radio Channel: CH3(446.056)

Convoy Order:

ConvoyList.png.c1c08321092e223a14b8346beb7193ca.png

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Stumpy Paj said:

Great to see the same motley crew, 👍 we need some recognition for all these diehards who kept driving all summer. 

I think that the summer crew should be able to RSVP for drives at 6:58pm in winter time 😁

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 minute ago, Bravoecho said:

I think that the summer crew should be able to RSVP for drives at 6:58pm in winter time 😁

How about the privilege of "Auto RSVP"?? 😈😈😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use