•  

Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Sweihan Tilal: Exploration Drive - Abu Dhabi - 22 Mar 2024

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie  and above (all levels)

Meeting time:  2:30 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/rmHmGKSReYNbxkWH8

Action Plan: An exploration drive which could possibly turn into a Long Range one, within the limits of a 4-hour exit time. We will drive toward the sunset, setting off close to Sweihan town, and moving in a western direction toward Faya, which we may (or may not) reach, depending on how much we'll meander, and how well the convoy will behave. The distance to Faya should be close to 90 KM: will we be able to reach it? 

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 6:30 PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

RECOMENDED OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor (MANDATORY)
  • Walkie-talkie radio (MANDATORY)
  • Off-road flag (MANDATORY)
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

• Carnity changed the title to Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Sweihan Tilal: Exploration Drive - Abu Dhabi - 22 Mar 2024

Dear Desertnauts

tomorrow we are planning a drive which will mostly bank on its length, hence the need for concentration and endurance, as its main feature, and challenge. We'll be moving westward, along E20, from the entry point just south of Sweihan, following the setting arc of the sun, toward (we hope) al Faya's exit. 

Pace, and minimizing refusals, will be the two main keys for success of this drive. At the same time, we'll do our best to enjoy the beautiful landscape, and the various desert terrains.

The convoy order at the moment is:

@Cristian in Second Lead

@lucas amat at #3

@Hani Howeedy at #4

@Xavi Moyano at #5, and 

@Julien Recan in Sweep.

We'll pick the Carnity Radio Channel at departure. Please come with a full tank, as we plan to drive for around 4 hours. See you all tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Julien Recan said:

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi. Can’t wait for the drive. Do you have the GPS coordinates for the meeting point yet please ? 

Hi @Julien Recan. Just posted. Thank you. 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

What seemed to be a normal refusal, ended up with a dislocated shoulder...

Let us know @Xavi Moyano how you are feeling!

Thanks anyway once more @Ale Vallecchi for the short drive, it was nice while it lasted, those dunes are great.

Till the next one.

20240322_155421.jpg

• Well Done (+2) 1

@Cristian

@lucas amat

@Hani Howeedy

@Ale Vallecchi

@Julien Recan

Hi everyone! Finally home!

Before explain you the whole story, just let me say a big and massive thank you to all of you. For your help, support and for being with me up to the end. Really, I cannot thank the pu enough. 
I also wanted to say sorry for not having help to reach the 90km that @Ale Vallecchi has plan for the day… nut I take his word and I will join the next one and break that mileage!

About the incident, they did not accept me at the NMC Hospital because it seems that they suspended MetLife (my medical insurance 2 weeks ago. So we had to go to Mediclinic Park View. 
Being Friday, it was very slow but after a X-Ray and a CT Scan they were able to see the problem. 
The X-Ray did not show it but the CT scan confirmed that I had a posterior dislocation (basically the shoulder dislocated backwards instead of forwards, which is the common one)

Now I am fix, resting and hoping to get better to join the next one!

Again, thank you everyone for today. 

• Like (+1) 1

Dear @Xavi Moyano. Thanks fot the reassuring update. We are all reliieved to know that you are OK and recuperating. Good thing that nobody attempted to do anything to the shoulder at the moment, and that we decided to head back to Dubai ASAP.

Rest well, and get ready to join the next drive in the beautiful Tilal area.

Enjoy the weekend and the week ahead. 

Hey @Xavi Moyano very glad to hear you are doing better and recovering. To be honest you handled it like a champ just remember next time leave the shoveling to us.  Sorry couldn’t be there in Dubai helping out but i’m sure rest of carnity family was more than enough. 

until next time to finish the 90km, thank you @Ale Vallecchi that sweihan dunes was fun

Edited by Hani Howeedy
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use