Morning Fewbie Plus Drive - Drive & Dive Faqa - Dubai - 28 Apr 2024

image.png.a28bb15f2d4df3627e3e85701f26fefb.png

DRIVE PLAN

Although I usually like to go without a plan, exceptionally this time and given the massive change in the topology the plan or intention of the drive is to explore the changes to one of my favorite tracks in the Dubai vicinity starting at Faqa and heading towards Qudra. It should be fun to watch and document the changes to the dunes, newly formed river beds and lakes as well as the changes in the eco-system and wild life as a result.

There are lots of risks involved in driving after such heavy rain so we will be humble and extra cautious watching out for all kind of unexpected surprises like invisible pockets, trenches, moving sand spots, water flows, wildlife,.....etc.

Finally, the colors, depth and clarity of the water is very inviting to jump in and dive into these lakes.

GENERAL OVERVIEW

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above
When: 28 April 2023, Sunday
Meeting time:  6:30 AM - Sharp 
Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/MBRWvN3aDSSsaHRb7 (24.733092, 55.565264)

Approximate finish time: 10:30 AM approx.
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

RECOMENDED OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor (MANDATORY)
  • Walkie-talkie radio (MANDATORY)
  • Off-road flag (MANDATORY)
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher.
  • Swim shorts (extra charges apply!) 😀

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR:

• Like (+1) 4

• Carnity changed the title to Morning Fewbie Plus Drive - Drive & Dive Faqa - Dubai - 28 Apr 2024

@Islam Soliman hey my Sunday has freed up so I will be joining you guys tomorrow 

• Like (+1) 2

Hello everyone .. quick update for tomorrow .. I have bad news and good news

My car was going through suspension service and was supposed to be done on Thursday.. due to multiple factors this got extended and it’s unlikely that they will be able to finish and test it today.

The good news is the drive is still on thanks to @Looper who will be taking the lead for this drive.

Wish you all a fun and safe drive and looking forward for driving with you soon.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Good afternoon all, hope you are excited for this drive/dive. do bring your fishing rods just in case. I hope to see some nice blue lakes 🤞. We will be swinging on looper's constant (Radio Ch 2). We will leave for the dunes at 6:45 sharp (latest) so don't be late; the convoy wont wait.

@Marek, @Batuhan Kulac, @george charbel, @Julien Recan, @Mahesh_, @Gautam Banka, @msa, @Imran Asghar, @Dodi Syahdar, @Senthil Kumar, @Gary F, @Stumpy

I expect the terrain to be rigid underneath a layer of soft sand; the tops of the dunes will be uneven due to those heavy rains. It will be a long drive as we have to cover a lot of distance, and expect to end the drive near Bab Al Shams. 

image.png.5f5139b7766de24936469c62fa02b3a7.png

• Like (+1) 7

don't drive like its your last one.

Hi @Looper and the entire convoy 

I just want to say that today was brilliant 

A mix of tech, dunes and speed. 

A really fun drive it was my birthday so my wife agreed to join me lol which was nice she enjoyed it too 

Anyway have a great week all and stay safe. I hear the weather could be iffy towards the end of the week 

• Like (+1) 5

Important Information

Terms of use