Advertise here

How do you organize your trunk

Zubail

25 minutes ago, Zubail said:

@Matt - monkeywrench I went to ACE, they don't have in stock, but I like solution of bag, not box, which will be closed and have pockets(closed) for small staff
like this https://amzn.eu/d/11JYx6S

Personally I chose one without a zip because sand likes to destroy zips 😁

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

49 minutes ago, Matt - monkeywrench said:

Personally I chose one without a zip because sand likes to destroy zips 😁

But does it have any cover? I don't understand on picture, some lid or cover? If yes - then it's ideal for me by size and pockets :)

1 hour ago, Zubail said:

But does it have any cover? I don't understand on picture, some lid or cover? If yes - then it's ideal for me by size and pockets :)

Yes, it has a firm material top (I think it's plastic). It is secured with velcro all the way around and clipped down so it's pretty secure.

It also has enough points to attach the bungee ropes to

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Posted (edited)

I don't have an Expedition Timberline but recovery/cargo/storage can be universal. Some thoughts from the cheap seats... Hi-lift Jacks, if you have a rack you can mount it there, personal opinions and experience, jacks secured inside of the cargo area pose a greater risk to the driver and/or passengers should an accident ensue or a mount fails.

Mounts for a fire extinguisher are universal, you can build your own or order one, my personal favorite is a fast mount so you aren't sitting there untying it/removing straps should you need it. Seconds count in this situation.

Rear cargo trays are a cheap option, or depending how custom you want to go you can cut out/custom make a platform to your cargo area with drawers for recovery gear or tools. I have seen military folks tend to lean towards that option. Another option are cargo panels, tools and bags can be attached. If your recovery gear is lengthy you might want a full tool box that clicks together to differentiate.

Check if they have a storage system you'd like to invest in, I can't recall if you're specific model has one but I'm sure there has to be compatibilities somewhere.

First aid kits... can be attached to panels too. Depends on your vision... and hope this helps.

Edited by TheGuardianJLU
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@TheGuardianJLUtotally agree with you,

But of you read carefully post, you've seen that I need sometimes during week 3rd row, so need smth compact, that's why was asking about option which members using, to make drawers maybe the best option but both expensive and not possible due to 3rd row usage

Important Information

Terms of use