Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Badayer: Passage to Faqa - 7 Jun 2024

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and above (all levels)

Meeting time:  2:30 PM (departure time)

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/z6CZmajiH6w3byLb6

Action Plan: We'll start with a pilgrimage to all the "star" dunes and bowls from Badayer to Super Bowl, climbing each of them as much as possible, before switching the drive to an exploration for the best route to cross into Faqa, through lower dunes, and a few camel farms.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 07:00 PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

RECOMMENDED OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor (MANDATORY)
  • Walkie-talkie radio (MANDATORY)
  • Off-road flag (MANDATORY)
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

Ciao @Ale Vallecchi, I have applied for the Fewbie promotion but I'm not yet Fewbie. If it does not go against regulations, I will RSVP to your drive as soon as it opens and hopefully, I will receive the promotion before then. If not, I'll withdraw the RSVP before the drive happens.
Let me know if that's alright, please.

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Desertnauts,

last minute tips for tomorrow's drive.

The meeting will be at Badayer Shops (see newly posted meeting point). Let's try to leave as close to the meeting time as possible (that being 2:30 PM).

The cobvoy order will be the following:

@Amr A in Second Lead

@Nicolò at #3

@Talal H at #4

@Bravoecho in the Center

@RiadJL at #6

@lucas amat at #7

@Hani crest king at #8 and 

@Stumpy in Sweep.

First objective is to reach Super Bowl in the shortest possible time, with the most climbs possible while getting there. Then we'll start the exploration of the passage to Faqa, moving through lower and tighter dunes, close to the fenced off protected nature reserve. Finally, if darkness has not fallen yet, we mat proceed to reach Dubai via sand tracks, sabkhas and some low cordons of dunes.

Looking forward to a nice start of the weekend. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Thanks for the great drive! @Ale Vallecchi

That was the softest sand I've driven in - very different from the rain soaked sand I've driven so far this year (only been off roading for a couple of months)

Nice to meet everyone! Great driving all around

See you all again soon!

P.S. My leaky tire seems to have sorted itself out. Dropped from 45 psi to 40 on the drive back but stayed at 40 for a good 25 minutes. Maybe the higher pressure reseated the tire. I'll re-check in the morning and take it to a tire shop if needed  

• Well Done (+2) 3

Miraculously fun drive with you @Ale Vallecchi as always. Everyone started in the beginning to adjust to the soft sands of badayer and gaining confidence by all of us. We went as planned through the higher dunes  and some really fun bowls midway celebrating @Stumpy birthday up there. With just a handful of refusals and a couple of stucks. 
closing it out with the technical shorter and closer dunes that led us along the fence to faqaa and amongst some nice camel farms at sunset. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use