Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Al Faya - Abu Dhabi - 19 May 2024

large.IMG_6690.jpeg.847e4adea7f809978f59

DRIVE PLAN

Have a fast-paced flowing in the tall dunes of Fayah, Abu Dhabi.

Request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette, and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

• Level:  Intermediate and above
  • When: 19 May 2024, Sunday
  • Meeting time:  6:00 AM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)
  • Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/Gyd9yeW3owJGqKNj6
  • Approximate finish time: 9:30 AM
  • Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
  • What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

MANDATORY OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor
  • Walkie-talkie radio
  • Off-road flag
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

don't drive like its your last one.

23 hours ago, Batuhan Kulac said:

@Looper I feel like this upcoming drive will be last Sunday's drive, reloaded... based on the size of those dunes in Fayah on google maps. 

We will initially see a lot of long-range dunes; they are not very tall but will give us opportunity to be quick, which of course we are going to be. Next, we will have some very tall but narrow dunes. They are super technical and on a hot day very soft as well. They will test us on our skill of not getting stuck. By now we should know where not to apply gas, because if we are not moving forward, we are going down sinking ourselves. 

Please note that there is one lone fuel station on the way that is a bit away from the meeting point. Not many refreshments available there, so stock up before you move from your homes.

• Like (+1) 4

@Gurcharan Mehta, @Batuhan Kulac, @Beide Worku & @Jona hope to see you all tomorrow morning. Since it is a small convoy; I will declare the order tomorrow itself. Please note that we will cruise on Ch 2 tomorrow.

The plan of action would be to end the drive at Tilal Sweihan starting at Fayah. 

• Like (+1) 3

Pleasure as always driving under your lead @Looper. At long last I got my sticker, right above Ale's LRDG one. Feel like a boy scout collecting badges 😂. I wish you all a good week ahead. Dig and claw 💪💪💪

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-19 at 14.12.22.jpeg

Edited by Batuhan Kulac
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Screenshot2024-05-20091852.png.7c0f9b96eef4e343fb1c8c13f4cae952.png

The track might look like that of FB+ drive we did in September; but the speed was much higher. The area was pristine; there were not any tracks there; except from some faded ones here and there; so, we had entire area to ourselves. It was a relentless drive and never before that I took a break so early out of exhaustion from driving. There were some very technical areas, but the last bit was especially tough. It is best done at the start of the drive instead towards the end. Great performance behind the wheels by @Jona at the second lead; @Gurcharan Mehta on his first IM, @Batuhan Kulac - he is getting hang of my driving & @Beide Worku at the sweep, who came after a long break but fresh. Thank you all for joining the drive and see you next time looping somewhere in the desert.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use