Advertise here

New to Dubai - Considering a 997 C4S

Hello everyone,

I'll be moving to Dubai end of January 2013 and am considering buying my very first Porsche. I'm currently looking at the 997 Carrera 4S or 2S or GT3 (that would be my absolute first choice). I've seen some ads on Dubizzle.com where these are being sold at around AED 220'000 with around 40-60 thousand Km on the clock. Most of them are from 2008/2009.

My question is: Is this realistic? What do I need to watch out for? Do you have any advice on a Porsche newbie (I'm a HUGE car fan!)? What sort of costs can I expect when bringing it in to service and how do they manage the heat in DXB?

Sorry for the question overload however, I'd really appreciate some feedback from those who have some more knowledge and experience with Porsche in Dubai.

The thought of turning on the engine with my left hand and hearing that flat six jump to life with its electro-mechanical roar just sends shivers down my spine! Really hope this works out somehow!

Many thanks in advance!

Why not go for a 997 Turbo. Should still be in your price range. Watch out for usual wear and tear. Service costs are rather high. They actually manage the heat quite well especially GCC spec. No major failures in the car. Much improved on the 996 in my opinion. Havent seen one yet for an engine rebuild but just wait a few years im sure i will.

techy wrote:

> Why not go for a 997 Turbo. Should still be in your price range. Watch out

> for usual wear and tear. Service costs are rather high. They actually

> manage the heat quite well especially GCC spec. No major failures in the

> car. Much improved on the 996 in my opinion. Havent seen one yet for an

> engine rebuild but just wait a few years im sure i will.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply. So, judging by your what you've said, it is realistic to get a 997 for around AED 220'000? What would insurance/tax look like? Also, "serivce costs are rather high". I know they need to be serviced around every 15'000km - what is typically the cost of a service (if they don't find anything unusual of course :))?