UAE Green Desert: Discover Spectacular Transformation After 75-Year Rainfall

RSVP/Waitlist

Shehab Alawadhi

So I was wondering, I want to join drive X but its full, however drive Y is open. Can I join drive Y and be on the waitlist for the drive X? What is the system you guys use for stuff like?  

Thank you!

• Like (+1) 1

Yes, you can join drive Y and put your name on the waitlist for drive X. Having said that if there is a dropout on Drive X then since you already have secured a spot in Drive Y, the space would go-to the next on the waitlist.

So you would get a spot in Drive X only after those who waitlisted on it but have not yet got a drive are done.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 minute ago, Srikumar said:

Yes, you can join drive Y and put your name on the waitlist for drive X. Having said that if there is a dropout on Drive X then since you already have secured a spot in Drive Y, the space would go-to the next on the waitlist.

So you would get a spot in Drive X only after those who waitlisted on it but have not yet got a drive are done.

alright so if there are 3 people waitlisted plus me(total 4 waitlisted), those 3 would get priority and if there is another space only then id be able to go on drive X (thus meaning id have to leave my drive Y. 

Just to make sure I understand this properly.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's try to clear up the doubts here:

The original aim of our RSVP system is to secure a spot (RSVP) for every active member as per their drive level, and to make sure everyone gets a chance for a weekly offroad drive (at least 1).

1) From when the drives are posted on Sunday till Wednesday morning, we kindly ask our members to RSVP only in 1 drive, with the intention of having enough spots available so everyone gets a fair chance to book into a drive.

2) If by any chance you were not able to secure a spot on any of our drives, you should send a message on the drive topic of the drive you wish to join with the message that says: "Can you please add me to the waiting list for my first drive of the weekend ?"

3) If you have a preference to book into another drive next to the one you have RSVPd for, you can do so by sending a message on the drive topic that says: "Can you please add  me to the waiting list for my second drive of the weekend". 

4) From Wednesday onwards we open the drive RSVP again and allow members to book into a second drive if the RSVP is not yet full. 

5) On Thursday the drive lead will look at his RSVP list and can start adding members from the waitlist to fill up his drive or fill in the spots that became empty. Preference will be given to people on the waitlist that have not yet secured a drive for the weekend.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Perfect explanation by Sri and Fredy.

Small addon of ground reality: all drive mostly get filled on sunday with tons of waitlist, but on thursday "almost" everyone has a drive.

Reason being a lot of drop out happen during the week especially on Wednesday and Thursday, so even if anyone miss the Sunday 7PM, list your name in waitlist as soon as possible.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use