•  

Frequent Pop-outs

Ehab

Hi all, is it ok to face frequent pop-outs? What impact it has on the tire and rim?

I had my stock rims installed with a spacer and BFG tires for more than 3 months, i used to go down to 9 psi with no issues what so ever. 

I replaced the rims with KMC rims which has -12 offset in addition to the spacer i already have and faced 2 pop-outs in specific wheel in less than 1 month, is this normal? 

Usually i get the tire cleaned from inside and rebalanced after each pop-out, do you recommend anything else to be done?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 1

A question, is your new rim width the same as the stock one? If the width is more that could be a reason for more frequent pop outs?

Generally pop outs are quite rare in BFG due to their thick side walls. I would recommend trying to analyse under what circumstances are you having a popout, crisscrossing aggressively, fighting gravity, sharp turns or hitting bumps more frequently.

If you get your tyre cleaned that should be fine. Rebalancing is not needed everytime unless you have lost the weights

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Srikumar said:

A question, is your new rim width the same as the stock one? If the width is more that could be a reason for more frequent pop outs?

Generally pop outs are quite rare in BFG due to their thick side walls. I would recommend trying to analyse under what circumstances are you having a popout, crisscrossing aggressively, fighting gravity, sharp turns or hitting bumps more frequently.

If you get your tyre cleaned that should be fine. Rebalancing is not needed everytime unless you have lost the weights

its same size 17” but slightly wider, check below picture. I asked prior fixing it and the shop told me its a perfect fit.

Not very sharp turns, but yes both happened after turning.

28749A27-BB8E-40E9-8554-C22907683650.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

You widened the stance because you lifted the car or for what reason?

Another  option to try would be to keep going up from 9 to 9.5 and then 10 or 10.5 and further till you find that sweet spot when you will not have a pop out.

But always avoid sharp turns, coming down a slip side fast, bumps , aggressive criss crossing and fighting gravity .

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

You widened the stance because you lifted the car or for what reason?

Another  option to try would be to keep going up from 9 to 9.5 and then 10 or 10.5 and further till you find that sweet spot when you will not have a pop out.

But always avoid sharp turns, coming down a slip side fast, bumps , aggressive criss crossing and fighting gravity .

Yes, 2” lift kit

The pop out happened with 12 psi in both cases, i tried 15 all was good.

i am in your convey tonight, lets discuss and see what we should do.

• Like (+1) 2

If you have increased the width of the rim, that might be one of the main reason for increased popouts. For the moment, you will need to play with the pressure and as Chaitanya mentioned avoid sharp turns

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hi 

found this from our own @Carnity previously which could be of a help regarding the topic of tyre pop out causes and how to fix / avoid 👇

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use