•  
Advertise here

How to disabled pajero speed limit alarm

I would really appreciate it if some one can guide me how to disable the extremely annoying beeping alarm of the pajero when crossing the 120 Kmh. 

I had to drive around 3 hours with the alarm beeping afew days ago ....( i think i can still hear it in my head )

I have looked all over the internet , but i couldn't find a solution that really worked .

Thanks in advance 

P.s. my care is pajero 2011 3.8L

45 minutes ago, Simon Dawood said:

I would really appreciate it if some one can guide me how to disable the extremely annoying beeping alarm of the pajero when crossing the 120 Kmh. 

I had to drive around 3 hours with the alarm beeping afew days ago ....( i think i can still hear it in my head )

I have looked all over the internet , but i couldn't find a solution that really worked .

Thanks in advance 

P.s. my care is pajero 2011 3.8L

@Simon Dawood I have the same vehicle as you and had the same issue... I asked agency to "fix" it - they pulled a solanoid and charged me AED 150 or so for it, as I wasn't able to do it myself. This was a while back, but am sure they can still do so. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2021 at 12:33 PM, Ashhad Siddiqui said:

its very easy, there is a small thingy you remove from under the steering. I got a video and removed it in 5 mins myself. If you havent done it I can send it to you via whatsapp.

Thanks @Ashhad Siddiqui, i have tried it myself but didnt work , so i took it to a workshop in sharja they removed the right clip and it worked . apparently they are 2 identical clips the 2nd one is the correct one ( which is deep inside more above the accelerator pedal ) at least for my car model.

Thanks

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Hector, no need to unscrew the dashboard. Just put your head under the steering area and you see 2 white clips connecting 2 different set of wires. One is easily approachable and the other is bit deep to reach. You need to disconnect the one which is bit deep and it should disable the alarm. 

Simple step to ensure which wire clip is it, is to first disconnect one and check. If it disables something else, connect it back and remove the second one. :) 

Hope it helps

All it took was disconnect a small jumper connector located under the dash, near to the OBD connector.
The only "side-effect" is that you may lose "Forgotten Key prevention Function" (ie: a buzz when the driver door is opened with the key on the ignition switch).

jumper location.jpg

wiring sch.jpg

D-01 location.jpg