•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Lisaili - Dubai - 24 Apr 2022

Chaitanya D

That was a lovely drive - one of my favourites so far. I hadn’t realised there were such dunes in Dubai.

Many thanks to @Chaitanya D for organising. Great stuff from @varunmehndirattaas the alternate lead - really good lines, excellent communication, and the right pace to keep it enjoyable while keeping the convoy together. I look forward to driving with you again. Particular admiration also for @Jessica Lambert for miraculous powers of seemingly effortless recovery, self-deprecation and carrying a spare radio.

Have a good week all.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

A huge thanks @Chaitanya D for this lovely experience of leading a drive through the most awesome of long range dunes in Dubai. From choosing the starting point to planning the route, convoy ordering and eventually turning this partial lead to almost a full drive lead  - you simply made it an wholesome immersive learning experience for me. 🤘🖖

Whole convoy (except map mixed up case with @Abdul Basit Khan) was right on time at Lisali Camel track and crossing through the dust track we entered the notorious Lisali's tech dunes at 6:30am,  With lead handed over to me, the plan was clear, we breezed through the initial tech dunes and within minutes we were exploring the unexplored beautiful long range dunes of Lisali. After my last few drive in Qudra area, it was a relaxing sight to find some really beautiful dune with no cross tracks and early morning sun rising through east provided the trigger to  SPEED UP :). Convoy responded well to the challenge as crossing and side slopping through these beautiful dunes we reached DCT Waypoint 2 within an hour with only some minor refusals and need for a one soft tug executed perfectly by @Alfred Alinazar

We had a quick briefing and demo about basics of criss-crossing and were again speeding towards the next set of dunes experimenting with some nice steep side slopes and some sharp ridges to cross. Maneuvering through the bushy area we drifted to Murquab and were welcomed by a tricky technical patch. After a few refusals,  stucks in the middle of convoy and a couple of amazing self recoveries executed by @Jessica Lambert we were back again onto the long range dunes.. Crossing through the DCT Waypoint 3 - it was pure Show Off time for the convoy , as we tried some back to back ridge crossing as well as rode through the ln of some sweet ridges.

As we reached the passage through the Murquab farms, it was time for Master to take over and for next 30 min, convoy swept through some awesome dunes and had chance to explore awesome play areas. Exactly as planned, we were back again on dust track at 10 and ended the drive with a smile - a morning well spent :) 

Overall we travelled 48Km (a bit short of @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler estimate) at an average moving speed of 18Km/hr with a stoppage time of around 45min. which is a good indicator of how well the convoy handled the terrain. 

Wrangler boys @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler @RiaanJH @Peter Hager had perfect drive. 

@Mahmoud Taha and @Ashutosh Garg - hope you enjoyed the experience, refusals and stucks are what train us in self recovery process, i am sure our self recovery champion of the day  @Jessica Lambert will support me on this. 

@Alfred Alinazar @Andrew McCarthy was nice catching up with you guys.

Thanks again to all of you for your support and patience with me. Looking forward to drive with you all sometime soon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 4

1 hour ago, varunmehndiratta said:

A huge thanks @Chaitanya D for this lovely experience of leading a drive through the most awesome of long range dunes in Dubai. From choosing the starting point to planning the route, convoy ordering and eventually turning this partial lead to almost a full drive lead  - you simply made it an wholesome immersive learning experience for me. 🤘🖖

Whole convoy (except map mixed up case with @Abdul Basit Khan) was right on time at Lisali Camel track and crossing through the dust track we entered the notorious Lisali's tech dunes at 6:30am,  With lead handed over to me, the plan was clear, we breezed through the initial tech dunes and within minutes we were exploring the unexplored beautiful long range dunes of Lisali. After my last few drive in Qudra area, it was a relaxing sight to find some really beautiful dune with no cross tracks and early morning sun rising through east provided the trigger to  SPEED UP :). Convoy responded well to the challenge as crossing and side slopping through these beautiful dunes we reached DCT Waypoint 2 within an hour with only some minor refusals and need for a one soft tug executed perfectly by @Alfred Alinazar

We had a quick briefing and demo about basics of criss-crossing and were again speeding towards the next set of dunes experimenting with some nice steep side slopes and some sharp ridges to cross. Maneuvering through the bushy area we drifted to Murquab and were welcomed by a tricky technical patch. After a few refusals,  stucks in the middle of convoy and a couple of amazing self recoveries executed by @Jessica Lambert we were back again onto the long range dunes.. Crossing through the DCT Waypoint 3 - it was pure Show Off time for the convoy , as we tried some back to back ridge crossing as well as rode through the ln of some sweet ridges.

As we reached the passage through the Murquab farms, it was time for Master to take over and for next 30 min, convoy swept through some awesome dunes and had chance to explore awesome play areas. Exactly as planned, we were back again on dust track at 10 and ended the drive with a smile - a morning well spent :) 

Overall we travelled 48Km (a bit short of @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler estimate) at an average moving speed of 18Km/hr with a stoppage time of around 45min. which is a good indicator of how well the convoy handled the terrain. 

Wrangler boys @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler @RiaanJH @Peter Hager had perfect drive. 

@Mahmoud Taha and @Ashutosh Garg - hope you enjoyed the experience, refusals and stucks are what train us in self recovery process, i am sure our self recovery champion of the day  @Jessica Lambert will support me on this. 

Thanks again to all of you for your support and patience with me. Looking forward to drive with you all sometime soon.

It’s a rare day I don’t need a pull, but the experience paid off on this particular day! Thank you to the convoy for all their support and encouragement ❤️

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

On 4/25/2022 at 7:39 PM, varunmehndiratta said:

Vow @varunmehndiratta great observation. Indeed you lead most of the drive and I was happy to negotiate the convoy on dirt tracks 🤣😜

you lead so well , I just enjoyed being behind you. Well done and thanks for your feedback 🙏👍🏼

On 4/25/2022 at 8:58 PM, Jessica Lambert said:

It’s a rare day I don’t need a pull, but the experience paid off on this particular day! Thank you to the convoy for all their support and encouragement ❤️

@Jessica Lambert some of your self recoveries were simply awesome. Well done 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

On 4/25/2022 at 7:39 PM, varunmehndiratta said:

Super report @varunmehndiratta looking forward to support your fully independent leads after Eid holidays inshallah 👍

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use