•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Qudra - Dubai - 24 Sep 2022

Chaitanya D

1 hour ago, CasperPL said:

A quick question. Is it possible to reserve the afternoon drive instead of the morning one? My company just made some changes to my schedule and I'll be finishing my shift on 24th around 1-2am. So it would be more convinient for me to go for the afternoon ride. I just don't know how to switch it.

Hi @CasperPL - I see that you're already registered for the Afternoon Newbie Drive in Lisailli so you're already signed up for it. And, from what I can tell you're also not showing as registered on this Morning Drive anymore. So you're all set :) (barring any questions that the marshal will have)

Also, tagging @Gaurav for his visibility on the same.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

3 hours ago, CasperPL said:

Hi, I have Nissan Pathfinder 2006. No experience so far, and yes - car has front and rear eyelets. From the equipment I am just missing the shovel :)

A quick question. Is it possible to reserve the afternoon drive instead of the morning one? My company just made some changes to my schedule and I'll be finishing my shift on 24th around 1-2am. So it would be more convinient for me to go for the afternoon ride. I just don't know how to switch it.

You can remove your rsvp here (by clicking leave event ) and click going on the drive you want to join. 

if you are finishing late night , it is better to have a good sleep before a drive to enjoy it max . Take care 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

On 9/20/2022 at 6:24 PM, Chaitanya D said:

Sure @Suneedh Kkumar

you are added to the drive @Suneedh Kkumar

Please confirm this will be your first drive with us, and if you could provide some basic information:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience?
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets - Very important to check this mandatory requirement before you join this drive. 
  • Please do read the drive thread for complete information 
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

you are added to the drive @Suneedh Kkumar

Please confirm this will be your first drive with us, and if you could provide some basic information:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year.
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets - Very important to check this mandatory requirement before you join this drive. 
  • Please do read the drive thread for complete information 

@Chaitanya D Thank you for your message. 

It will be my first drive with Carnity. I will be driving a Jeep wrangler 2008 Manual transmission. 

I have very limited experience offroading as i have only gone twice in the desert nearby to my house but, i am eager to learn and upgrade my offroading skills. 

The jeep has front tow points, the rear shackle will be fitted today. 

I have arranged all the gear as recommended by the forum. Thank you for a warm welcome. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Chaitanya D Hi, I wanted to ask if the drive will really only finish at 9.45am? Or do the drives usually finish sooner and 9.45am is the maximum it can stretch to? 

I have to go to the office at 10AM tomorrow so I am wondering if I can still make the drive as well as get to the office directly from the end point. My office is in Barsha. May take 30 minutes from Adnoc qudra. 

• Like (+1) 3

@Suneedh Kkumar - even if you end the drive at 9.45am, it will take you a minimum of 20 to 30mins depending on the speed of your air compressor to re-inflate your tyres back up to on-road driving.

So you need to essentially, always keep at least 1 - 1.5 hours gap between your next engagement. As such, if you're finishing at 9.45am, you won't be able to get to Barsha before 10.45am/11am at the earliest.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, munkybizness said:

@Suneedh Kkumar - even if you end the drive at 9.45am, it will take you a minimum of 20 to 30mins depending on the speed of your air compressor to re-inflate your tyres back up to on-road driving.

So you need to essentially, always keep at least 1 - 1.5 hours gap between your next engagement. As such, if you're finishing at 9.45am, you won't be able to get to Barsha before 10.45am/11am at the earliest.

That is a good point. 

• Like (+1) 3

hi mate

Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year.

Fj 2013 

Yep

• Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets
  • eyelet

Yep 

Cheers!

• Haha (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Suneedh Kkumar said:

That is a good point. 

Adding to what @munkybizness has conveyed, desert drives are always shredded with uncertainty- especially on newbie drives . It is not like a flight / a Shinkansen with a set departure and arrival time 🤣.

depending on situations- stucks/ refusals/ recoveries/ car issues there have been instances where the drive has extended well beyond planned exit time . 
whole intention is the go in and come out together in any case , hence when there is a issue the whole bunch will have to wait invariably till it is sorted . The time you spend together builds a team spirit along with ample opportunities to interact and know , learn and improvise on the recovery techniques.

So please plan accordingly @Suneedh Kkumar. Come with a free mind , enthusiasm and no hurry to rush somewhere.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

43 minutes ago, imranaasghar81 said:

hi mate

Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year.

Fj 2013 

Yep

• Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets
  • eyelet

Yep 

Cheers!

What about off road gears 😜.

dont forget to bring two - three shovels tomorrow. 😃🤣

• Haha (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use