•  

Anyone using Mopar integrated tailgate mount Compressor? Feedback please

Varun Mehndiratta

To my knowledge, have not seen our fellow jeepers use this one @varunmehndiratta, I am getting one done underneath rear bumper like @Looper and @Kailas. The advantage vs tailgate would be summer time u dont need to keep doors open😅 

• Like (+1) 3

@varunmehndirattabhai I had seen it once seems pretty good with space. I have one below the driver seat but summer I nee suffer as I am unable to close the door. I am unable to tell you on the performance of it. 

• Like (+1) 3

Stumbled across a Forum that had some guys discussing it. Apparently the available space is very limited, hence the tailgate  compressor is really small and outputs 1CFM at no load, 0.72CFM with
load. That’s around 28lpm and really not up to the task of inflating 4 All Terrain tyres from 10psi to 35psi.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/mopar-tailgate-integrated-air-compressor.59320/

• Like (+1) 5

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

2 hours ago, Frederic said:

Stumbled across a Forum that had some guys discussing it. Apparently the available space is very limited, hence the tailgate  compressor is really small and outputs 1CFM at no load, 0.72CFM with
load. That’s around 28lpm and really not up to the task of inflating 4 All Terrain tyres from 10psi to 35psi.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/mopar-tailgate-integrated-air-compressor.59320/

Finally had a chance to try it first hand, was trying to fill up a tyre… kept auto switching off very regularly (perhaps due to small size?)… has two hose connector and a separate free valve to connect another one or use as deflator.
Doubt stand alone will work… the finish and looks are pretty cool, but performance no where close to required. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I have tried it on a few MC and what I really like is you can set it to desired PSI and it will switch off automatically. The second advantage is that you can inflate two tires at once with the supplied hose.

BUT, it's slow and usually coughs up on the third tire, so I inflate the fourth one from my spare compressor.

If you can find a way to upgrade the same compressor to higher lpm output, it will be a nice setup.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

On 11/27/2022 at 11:25 AM, varunmehndiratta said:

Finally had a chance to try it first hand, was trying to fill up a tyre… kept auto switching off very regularly (perhaps due to small size?)… has two hose connector and a separate free valve to connect another one or use as deflator.
Doubt stand alone will work… the finish and looks are pretty cool, but performance no where close to required. 

it would be good if you are deflating 20-25 psi - it could cope up. I would advise going for it. go with the crowd - when so many are doing something then it is generally is correct way of doing it. you can have any compressor mounted in the car - even the meanmother or tjm ones as well - but arb twin is most elegant way of doing it.

• Like (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

1 hour ago, Looper said:

it would be good if you are deflating 20-25 psi - it could cope up. I would advise going for it. go with the crowd - when so many are doing something then it is generally is correct way of doing it. you can have any compressor mounted in the car - even the meanmother or tjm ones as well - but arb twin is most elegant way of doing it.

Let’s see how it works in LIWA would be a good test for it.

Will cary my other one in any case. A friend tried this Saturday and it worked for him (didn’t time it though). So perhaps this plus the existing one in combo for liwa. 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

19 hours ago, Gaurav said:

I have tried it on a few MC and what I really like is you can set it to desired PSI and it will switch off automatically. The second advantage is that you can inflate two tires at once with the supplied hose.

BUT, it's slow and usually coughs up on the third tire, so I inflate the fourth one from my spare compressor.

If you can find a way to upgrade the same compressor to higher lpm output, it will be a nice setup.

Oh now when you mentioned I checked mine was setup at very low psi… and since days was cursing TE for being a cheat as it was shutting off while inflating my daughter’s bicycle 🤣🤣🤣 no instructions along with compressor how would anyone know the trick 😀

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

4 hours ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Oh now when you mentioned I checked mine was setup at very low psi… and since days was cursing TE for being a cheat as it was shutting off while inflating my daughter’s bicycle 🤣🤣🤣 no instructions along with compressor how would anyone know the trick 😀

I also figured it out by looking at it, as that dial looks functional with a rough edge crown.

It can inflate 3 tires when MM or bushranger inflate 4. It's not terribly slow, but a little slow.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use