•  
Advertise here

How to disable Abs and Airbags in Y62?

Hello Everyone,

I was not able to join the off-road drive today because I was not able to turnoff the ABS most importantly the Airbag.

Can someone please advise what/where is the fuse so I can test it myself at home now by taking it out to see if it works or any other points that I need to take care of.

Thank you in advance for everyone support 😊👍

It is y62, GCC specs 2017

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Arsalan Ehsanyou don’t need to do any of these in the Y62. The airbags in Y62 don’t deploy unless you are in an actual accident, we’ve seen Y62 stuck at angles where they almost rolled over (vehicle had two wheels up in the air from one side) and the airbags didn’t deploy. So don’t bother at all about it.

The ABS kill switch will disable your terrain selection switch (rock,sand,snow). I honestly disabled it once and found myself enabling it again during the drive. Not just me but also other Y62 owners done like to disable it.

but anyway if you insist there is only one way to do it, that is to remove the plug connected to your brake fluid reservoir under the hood.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Lawrence_Chehimi said:

@Arsalan Ehsanyou don’t need to do any of these in the Y62. The airbags in Y62 don’t deploy unless you are in an actual accident, we’ve seen Y62 stuck at angles where they almost rolled over (vehicle had two wheels up in the air from one side) and the airbags didn’t deploy. So don’t bother at all about it.

Side airbags don't deploy at a tilt angle, but they do while crisscrossing. 

@Arsalan Ehsan check the fuse diagram inside the fuse box cap and locate the SRS fuse to test it.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

On 12/26/2022 at 9:20 PM, Lawrence_Chehimi said:

The ABS kill switch will disable your terrain selection switch (rock,sand,snow). I honestly disabled it once and found myself enabling it again during the drive. Not just me but also other Y62 owners done like to disable it.

but anyway if you insist there is only one way to do it, that is to remove the plug connected to your brake fluid reservoir under the hood.

Thanks Lawrence, I have crossed checked with @Rawad as well regarding the same thing for airbags. He has confirmed to me as well that there is nothing as such for our y62. He did say about ABS like you to unplug it but I have been on 4 rides earlier and didn't had any issues till now with it, maybe because of the newbie level.

On 12/26/2022 at 9:30 PM, Gaurav said:

Side airbags don't deploy at a tilt angle, but they do while crisscrossing. 

@Arsalan Ehsan check the fuse diagram inside the fuse box cap and locate the SRS fuse to test it.

Still unable to find the fuse for airbag, tried googling it, reading the fuse box still couldn't help find it. As the current y62 members advice that it is not required then I guess I'll leave it like this.

• Like (+1) 1

@Arsalan Ehsan you need to trace the end of the sensor cable I highlighted in Yellow Circle Red below. Just choose one: Front Left, Front Right, Rear Left, Rear Right, no need to disconnect all 4. All ABS systems use wheel speed sensors, and if one is disconnected, the ABS error light will turn on (signaling that ABS cannot function properly.

What @Lawrence_Chehimi and @Rawad may be correct too, when my Y62 rolled-over, no air bags (front or side) were deployed... although that made me think whether my Y62 was made in DragonMart.. ( @Srikumar's poke at my fake Patrol 😂 )

Patrol_ABS_Wheel_Sensor.png.d5dc0d39c2cefa40bf61c38279c920a7.png 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Thank you @Zed for this, Let me check if I can locate these to disable the ABS, I did find another video where a cable needs to be removed from the brake fluid reservoir under the hood.

If your airbags didn't deploy during your roll over then I guess, nothing to worry now Lol

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Zedsorry for the late reply, I wouldn’t recommend disconnecting the wheel speed sensor, I recall that on one of the drives Rawad hit something and it got disconnected, the car got stuck in 4WD and couldn’t switch anymore between 4L and 4H.

• Like (+1) 1