•  

Morning Fewbie Overlanding Drive - Al Dhaid Oasis to Dibba Al Hisn - Sharjah - 11 June 2023

Frederic

Thanks everyone for the fun excursion and beautiful drive.

A bit more fun in the sand than anticipated, but all is good once we go below 25psi :)

IMG_8465.JPG.e8d3effd7750f799c0c9d25f86330896.JPGForgot to pause the stops where we saw things, but pretty indicative of the drive's magnitude!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Fredericfor another expeditionary trip today 🙏🙌🙏

I couldn’t have spent Sunday better and I was super excited trying to drive in the desert on high psi 🤩🤩🤩 Such an awesome experience and learning ☺️👍👍👍

Thank you for doing these trips and look forward to more 🌻

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

thanks a lot @Frederic for arranging such and interesting and enjoyable drive. to top it up with a dip in the sea making it a unique drive.

thanks @munkybizness, @Looper and @Pacific for supporting this drive

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Well...well.. well...

"it's gonna be a relaxed drive" he said...

"not below 25psi" he said....

"90% 2H" he said...

"don't touch kill switch" he said...

With this confidence we started off, it turned out to be the opposite, nevertheless terrific! The first kms were pretty light and the biggest issue was @Looper 's camera, which requested an unconventional perspective. Once we entered the dessert things became very intriguing. The sand was soft and required a new set of skills to tackle it on nondeflated tires, it was an amazing opportunity to test momentum feeling and surface understanding. By the time we all agreed to deflate we made a good few loops and I was amazed to see that I made this far at 30 psi (which was supposed to be 25 but the heat did its deed). Even afterwards the journey brought adventures with 2 big bowls full of bumps which we had to fly over. Many reattempts, I was at the back, but I heard constant communications from the cars in front, which reached the second bowl. The suspense was unbearable. Still not a shovel in sight. We made through the soft nasties and were rewarded by a very picturesque roll through wadis and villages with the ocean view as a cherry on the cake.

Thanks @Frederic for the route!  Looking forward to more mountain drives!

Thanks @Pacific and @Looper for the support and guiding the best lines in tricky spots!

Great drive! Thanks all who joined!

A

Edited by Andrei S
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

11 hours ago, Andrei S said:

Well...well.. well...

"it's gonna be a relaxed drive" he said...

"not below 25psi" he said....

"90% 2H" he said...

"don't touch kill switch" he said...

With this confidence we started off, it turned out to be the opposite, nevertheless terrific! The first kms were pretty light and the biggest issue was @Looper 's camera, which requested an unconventional perspective. Once we entered the dessert things became very intriguing. The sand was soft and required a new set of skills to tackle it on nondeflated tires, it was an amazing opportunity to test momentum feeling and surface understanding. By the time we all agreed to deflate we made a good few loops and I was amazed to see that I made this far at 30 psi (which was supposed to be 25 but the heat did its deed). Even afterwards the journey brought adventures with 2 big bowls full of bumps which we had to fly over. Many reattempts, I was at the back, but I heard constant communications from the cars in front, which reached the second bowl. The suspense was unbearable. Still not a shovel in sight. We made through the soft nasties and were rewarded by a very picturesque roll through wadis and villages with the ocean view as a cherry on the cake.

Thanks @Frederic for the route!  Looking forward to more mountain drives!

Thanks @Pacific and @Looper for the support and guiding the best lines in tricky spots!

Great drive! Thanks all who joined!

A

Well narrated 

On 6/11/2023 at 7:57 PM, Hisham Masaad said:

Amazing news @Frederic, obviously missed it, and glad you and all enjoyed. Look forward to join another one soon. 

We missed you too @Hisham Masaad

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use