Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Murquab to Faqa - Dubai - 19 Aug 2023

Frederic

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie and above

When:  19 Aug 2023, Saturday

Meeting time:  5:30 AM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  https://goo.gl/maps/AnPJify1oMAsW2nu7

Action Plan:  Starting in Murquab, making our way South towards Faqa

Approximate finish time: 9:00AM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Recommended off-road gears: Walkie-talkie radio and off-road flag (MANDATORY), plus tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Murquab to Faqa - Dubai - 19 Aug 2023

Good morning Guys !

image.png.6e09aede26821099d0debbfe90504565.png

@Emanuel@Abhilash Kottakkal@Ben Lee@MohamedSherif@Davie Chase@Cristian@FERNANDO SYRIO@PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke@Adam James@Joji varghese

Please find the planned convoy list here above. We will be using Channel 4- 446.081 Mhz

Make sure to bring your offroad gears as per your drive level.

See you all tomorrow morning !

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Well, what an excellent adventure.

2hrs 40 of Smooth riding following by a few hours playing in the sand 1-200m from the exit. Lesson learned, never go near that giant solar tower as it is bad luck 🤣

Thanks to everyone for the patience and help digging, winching, snatching. All in all great fun 🙏🙏

Special thanks @Fredericand @Davie Chase for leading us (out!).

@Ben Leeand @Emanuelthanks for offering and taking my friend as a passenger for second half.

The official count for animals was 8 gazelle and 'like a million' camels. 🐪

Hope to see you all again in the sand soon. 😎👍

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Absolutely thoroughly enjoyed this drive. As @PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke mentioned the first part was fast and challenging while the second part was hard work in many other ways. Thanks a mil @Frederic and @Davie Chase and everyone else with stucks and such. Not many Czech's around so it was a pleasure to have Martin on board for a while.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and we'll all sleep well tonight.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Frederic well as Luke and Emmanuel have already stated that was sure an adventure.

Going from a free flowing 2.5hr jog in the early morning to a 6.5hr marathon thereafter :), but wow what a 6.5hrs. 

We had some super technical, and extraordinarily soft sand to contend with and everyone to a driver drove exceptionally.

We had the lot today, from Multiple stucks at the same time, to much use of the Ruby's winch, some creative rope work and of course the good old shovel was well utilized.

Busiest C/F role I think I have had since joining Carnity support team, but man oh man was it fun and I learnt heaps as we had to think on our feet to recover so many cars in so many tricky and soft situations.

Everyone ended the drive with a smile on their faces, it was a hard one but was a pleasurable one, look forward to the next adventure and learning experience.

The whole convoy showed extraordinary patients today which is commendable and also a trait of a carnity team member so well done to one and all.

@Emanuel you did a fantastic job in S/L polishing the lines of our mentor and lead @Frederic always a pleasure to drive with you and your silver Pajero.

@Abhilash Kottakkal for your first Fewbie you picked a good one lol and you handled it extremely well so congratulations and weel done.

@FERNANDO SYRIO you were brilliant in the sweep giving Fred and me constant feedback on what was happening at the rear and keeping us all together, great driving as well keep it up and look forward to seeing you on an Fewbie plus soon :)

@Ben Lee great driving in tricky conditions don't remember you having any stucks or refusals, well-done mate

@Cristian excellent driving too, and good comms on the radio when you had a couple of issues that always helps as it makes the recoveries so much easier great job.

@PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke hope your passenger is feeling better and we did not scare her too much :) fantastic driving and radio comms as always mate so thanks and appreciated the tug when the Ruby sank in during winching operations (of which there were many) so thank you my friend for coming to my rescue.

@Adam James well done to you as well, you drove the wheels off of the FJ and taught me something about 8 track that I did not know, love to learn so thanks and great to drive with you.

All in all what a way to spend Saturday morning in the sand with likeminded people that work well as a team and turn every situation into a learning experience. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did and have a fantastic rest of your weekend. :):)

• Well Done (+2) 4

Thanks @Frederic and @Davie Chase, was good to see you in action.

I have Fred’s words ringing in my ears, ‘if you aren’t getting stuck, you aren’t learning’ well we all had quite the lesson today. 

See you all on the sand soon. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use