•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Nahel to Al Ain- Abu Dhabi - 4 Nov 2023

Looper

20230909-001.jpg.1eb98cb2e50a4096159c3c17fc7d91de.jpg

DRIVE PLAN

Practice makes a person perfect. Remember this drive we did few days ago (9th Sep), posted by @Frederic, where I took a bunch of Jeeps and went to Sweihan. I want to take another stab at it because it can be done better. I missed a waypoint and "Butterfly Effect" kicked in and instead of going to Old Lady Dune as per the original plan, we ended up at Sweihan nice and early. To be honest plan is still very optimistic IMHO, but hey we will still have some fun trying.

MEETING POINT: You can park the cars along the entry gate barrier all the way up to the red pin. Beyond the red pin is also possible but the sand is a bit soft there, so be careful.

image.png.fe7c403f9542559a880f33f5a89052be.png

• Please make sure to bring your off-road gears, plenty of water, and protection from the sun.
  • Ensure the car is fully topped up with gas.

Request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette, and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

• Level:  Intermediate and above
  • When: 04 Nov 2023, Saturday
  • Meeting time:  6:30 AM
  • Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/FVLixGinNMWgbiKy5
  • Approximate finish time: 10AM
  • Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
  • What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

MANDATORY OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor
  • Walkie-talkie radio
  • Off-road flag
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 4

don't drive like its your last one.

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Nahel to Al Ain- Abu Dhabi - 4 Nov 2023

10 filled up in 1 minute, well done @Looper , looking forward to see the Insta videos of this trip 👍🏻

• Like (+1) 3

Let’s hope for Top Gun part II not Hot shots part deux 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Hey @Looper I had an anomaly if I am right - when i clicked 'going' at sharp 7 pm, I got message that I am signed up to another midweek drive also! Not that I am aware of. I am at WL 2. Can you pls help me release from where ever I am signed up which i am afraid would stop me from going up the list if someone drops...tks

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Gok Krish said:

Hey @Looper I had an anomaly if I am right - when i clicked 'going' at sharp 7 pm, I got message that I am signed up to another midweek drive also! Not that I am aware of. I am at WL 2. Can you pls help me release from where ever I am signed up which i am afraid would stop me from going up the list if someone drops...tks

I can only think it was because of the Sonic drive - shouldn't have done it. Don't worry about it. The situation will take care of it by itself towards the end of the week.

• Like (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

2 minutes ago, Looper said:

I can only think it was because of the Sonic drive - shouldn't have done it. Don't worry about it. The situation will take care of it by itself towards the end of the week.

Oh......Should I exit from Pink Floyd event to move up the WL? No!

Guru @Gaurav, Sonic is music trip, social evening and this Nahel is Dopamine and Adrenalin trip... I could not get my spot for Nahel drive coz I allegedly signed up for the Sonic drive!  Hoping I will move up the WL if someone exits, but do not want Sonic drive come otw... pls jettison them if ok, Thank you. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Gok Krish said:

Oh......Should I exit from Pink Floyd event to move up the WL? No!

Guru @Gaurav, Sonic is music trip, social evening and this Nahel is Dopamine and Adrenalin trip... I could not get my spot for Nahel drive coz I allegedly signed up for the Sonic drive!  Hoping I will move up the WL if someone exits, but do not want Sonic drive come otw... pls jettison them if ok, Thank you. 

Don't worry, have faith in Looper (as he said above) I also see two in Manage tab, lol ;-) 

• Haha (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I can Imagine @Gok Krish's reaction when he must have been waiting to click "going" 7pm Monday Syndrome, only to see You get placed as WL😂!  
Gok - get prepared for this drive ( You can also ask ppl if anyone willing to camp night before✌️😎). 

I wish the website also captures (video recordes participants's expression via their PC/mobile devices)  this fastest finger round of Monday 7pm😂😂

Edited by DP1011
  • Haha (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use