•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Faqa to Sweihan - Dubai - 12 Nov 2023

Frederic

DRIVE DESCRIPTION

Trying to make our way through Faqa, and heading towards Al Ajban. Expect a semi-technical drive :) 

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie and above

When:  12 November 2023, Sunday 

Meeting time:   07AM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  https://maps.app.goo.gl/591afzyayHPUXmVWA

Approximate finish time:  11AM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit, Tow Rope, 2 Shackles and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you find you are unable to join, so your spot can be taken by others in the waitlist.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, if an RSVP attendee removes themselves, you will be moved from the waitlist to the RSVP list as an attendee.
  • A convoy list will be sent out the day prior to the drive.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month. 

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Dear Members

@Xavi Moyano@Andrei S@Abhilash Kottakkal@Shahid Mehmood@Haneef Thayyil@Rafey Hashmi@Dan S

Thanks for signing up !

I wanted to let you know that i've moved my meeting point just a bit further down at Faqa Truck Road itself, as this weekend there is an Dubai Baja Challenge which will mostlikely mean that many parts of Qudra and Faqa will be fenced off.

New meeting point:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/591afzyayHPUXmVWA

See you all soon !

• Thanks (+1) 1

Dear Frederic @Frederic, I am coming from Abu Dhabi and I just wanted to confirm with you, if this ADNOC station is the closest one to the meeting point considering the fact that I will come from AD, I do not see any other one with low impact on travelling time.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/RkZXYH5GTrPqNuc87

I will be looking forward to your feedback, Many thanks!

2 hours ago, Dan S said:

Dear Frederic @Frederic, I am coming from Abu Dhabi and I just wanted to confirm with you, if this ADNOC station is the closest one to the meeting point considering the fact that I will come from AD, I do not see any other one with low impact on travelling time.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/RkZXYH5GTrPqNuc87

I will be looking forward to your feedback, Many thanks!

If you are coming from Abu Dhabi i would assume taking the E11, followed by E14 is better. In that scenario you will have the Al Samha ADNOC on the E11. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Frederic said:

If you are coming from Abu Dhabi i would assume taking the E11, followed by E14 is better. In that scenario you will have the Al Samha ADNOC on the E11. 

Understood, thank you Frederic, I think I can also follow E20 up to the Nahil Adnoc right before coming from Lane 1821 between the farms up to the meeting point. I believe this one is closer

• Like (+1) 1

@Fredericone small confirmation please, inside event description it is written When:  12 November 2023, Saturday

But I believe the actual ride will, be on 12.11.2023, Sunday, correct?

30 minutes ago, Dan S said:

@Fredericone small confirmation please, inside event description it is written When:  12 November 2023, Saturday

But I believe the actual ride will, be on 12.11.2023, Sunday, correct?

Oops yes sorry for the typo. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just closed the convoy list.

As it's a small convoy, we will do the numbering tomorrow. 

We will be using Channel 4 - 446.081 Mhz

See you soon !

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use