•  
Advertise here

P2138 Generic - throttle/pedal position sensor error

Hello Pajero experts.

The engine management light on my 2007 3.0 SWB light up today and the error code is P2138 (Generic - throttle/pedal position sensor). 

I'm hoping it's a minor issue and can be fixed easily.

Anyone with knowledge what can cause this and appreciate any of your recommendations for workshops in Sharjah/Dubai area specializing in Pajero's.

Thank you in advance...

View recent photos.jpeg

I have seen the pedal commander in your Pajero. Can you disable that and then clear this code and drive to check if it re-appears?

@GauravSoni and @Simon D both using Pedal Commander, might add some more ways to fix it.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

20 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

I have seen the pedal commander in your Pajero. Can you disable that and then clear this code and drive to check if it re-appears?

@GauravSoni and @Simon D both using Pedal Commander, might add some more ways to fix it.

It's definitely Pedal Commander causing this (if you have it). This is the main reason why people throw it away. It's worthless.

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Yes I have the pedal commander (came with the car when I bought it). I'll Google how to disable it. Looks like it's installed inline between the ECU and pedal. 

Thanks @Frederic @Gaurav, this gives me a good starting point. 

Edited by GabrielH
didn't fully complete the reply message.

If you have the pedal commander then most probably  it is the one causing  the problem , try to trace the cable from behind the pedal up to the connector socket ( in case of the pajero it should be to the right of the pedal) try to wiggle and tighten that socket ( while the car is off) then you can reset  the error code. This is the quick fix.

The main problem happens because of the connection pins of the pedal commander are loosing contact due to sand or the socket can get loose with time . What i did in my case I have cleaned those connectors and added some solider to increase the thickness to minimize the contact loss possibility, tightly fix the connector in the socket used some gorilla tape to make sure it is tightly connected and  insulated from sand 

But for the actual fix you will if you don't really use it , you could completely remove the pedal ..

Removing the pedal commander is one sure way of fixing the issue..I used it for about 2 months and then it started throwing this error.. tried different things and contacted the seller as well… didn’t help much and ended up disconnecting.. to be honest it doesn’t really help in the dunes.. and on the contrary , you will have to switch to eco mode during self recovery as sport + ends up digging!