•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Two for One - Part 1 - Margham to Skidive Dubai - Dubai - 21 Jan 2024

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette, and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Color, and Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience? If yes, pls share details.
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks/eyelets.
  • Advise if you don’t have a programable radio and safety flag.
  • MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above (all levels)

Meeting time: 8:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  https://maps.app.goo.gl/xzhmSHUfGvRTxGZv7

Action Plan: First installment of a 2x1 package, where a full day drive is broken into two installments set at progressively increasing skill levels, with a nice lunch break in between. This drive will be the first segment, conducted at a Newbie and above drive, going from the Margham area to Ski Dubai. The drive should end at the camel drome facility, from where it'll be easy to access the Al Namoos Cafe, a nice desert cafeteria next to the Ski Dubai facility.

It'll be mostly a drive within relatively technical dunes (closer to each other, lower, with soft sand pockets in between), with a part at the beginning of the drive on a nice set of taller longer range and more open dunes and bowls.

Newbies will conclude their day at Skidive Dubai, but are welcome to enjoy a nice lunch at the cafeteria, while Fewbie drivers who have chosen to join the first part of this drive will be automatically enlisted for this portion as well, if they choose to make theirs a full day drive (I will sign them up, unless they choose not to extend).

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 12:00 PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• This drive is limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 6 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below calendar 

• Like (+1) 1

Dear @Maytham Mahroos and @Marek_was003, thanks for joining the Part 1 of this drive. 

Kindly confirm if, as posted, I should add you also the afternoon's Part 2, reserved for Fewbies and above. 

Thanks a lot.

Hi @Ale Vallecchi, I've enrolled for the first part of the drive, won't be able to join the second part.

I am also on the waitlist for the Morning fewbie drive with Deepak, so in case I get accepted for that, I'll withdraw from this one. 

Thank you! 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Hi @Ale Vallecchi, first drive with Carnity. All confirmed for the first part.
One question: I've set up the Carnity frequencies on my Baofeng UV5-R. However for frequencies #6 and #10 I am unable to configure them. I've tried changing the step frequency, without luck. Let me know if this has happened before and if we will need channels 6 and 10. Thanks in advance.

• Like (+1) 1

Dear @Nicolò, thanks for reaching out. Not sure what the problem may be with the radio. You may check this link for  ore information: 

In the meantime, please make sure you have read and viewed all the materials linked to the drive's post, so that you may come to the drive prepared.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks, @Ale Vallecchi. I've read all the linked articles, including the one you mentioned. Everything is ready, and all equipment is available already, but cannot find a solution to those two frequencies. Hopefully, they will not be needed on our first drive. See you soon!

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Desertnauts,

in preparation for this Sunday's morning drive, here's what to expect.

We plan to drive in a relatively complex terrain, made more challenging by the closeness of many of the dunes' cordons, with potential soft sand pockets, that will require careful "technical" driving, made of great control of the accelerations, respect of the convoy discipline - keeping enough distance between the cars - to allow for timely stopping, as well as to make sure that the preceding car has cleared the obstacle, and at the same time not to lose the tracks. 

Just the very first segment of the drive will see us moving on rather open territory, with nice large bowls and longer ridges, never too high or steep.

Please reach the meeting point a few minutes before 8:00 AM, so that you may start deflating and preparing your car, to ensure a timely departure, as close to the scheduled time as possible. A detailed briefing about all the necessary skills and rules to manage the drive smoothly and safely will be given a few minutes after the start, once into the dunes.

Once the drive has exited, at a nice desert cafeteria (Al Namoos), all drivers are welcome to enjoy their lunch in the desert. 

The convoy order will be the following:

@Bhaskar in Second Lead

@Nicolò at #3 (make sure you review once again all the introductory material)

@Shaun J at #4

@Nizar Shawwa at #5

@Menon at #6

@bony raphi in the Center position

@Abdul Hanaan at #8

@Soufiane at #9

@karim hamandi at #10

@SamBha at #11

@Abdullah N at #12

@Maytham Mahroos at #13, and 

@Bjoern in Sweep.

See you on Sunday morning.