Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Fayah - Abu Dhabi -  25 May 2024

Dear Desert Wanderers , @Batuhan Kulac, @Talal H, @ChrisW, @Wilfredo Perez, @Mark B, @Ahmed Farouk,  @Hani Howeedy, @Nizar Shawwa, @Benjamin and @Gary F, Thanks for all showing up on time and making the Saturday morning adventures pleasurable. I hope you all enjoyed the drive as much as I did at the front. we covered an amazing 53.67 Km today which is pretty good in this area, and at this level. we were able to cover this distance because you all drove amazingly well throughout the drive. I believe we only had one stuck and a handful of refusals so well done to you all.

@Batuhan Kulac great job at S/L appreciate the support and quick reactions to my slow instructions. well done and thank you.

We were lucky enough to have three support team members on our drive today @Mark B, @Gary F and @Benjamin, this allowed me to take it easy and basically do nothing except watch and take pictures of them working :). 

You guys did amazingly well today, all three of you managed the convoy and the few refusals we had, as well as helping the team members out with guidance and encouragement as we trundled through the Al Fayah dunes. Thank you all very much for being there and allowing me the privilege of relaxing at the front. Always a pleasure to have you all in the convoy and it also gives me peace of mind knowing you are all there. great job guys and thank you very much for today.

Some stats below and a little Relive video, have a great rest of your weekend 

https://www.relive.cc/view/vLqexXRGNd6image.png.671bcaf7d811a1c420300697fe701772.png

image.png.66348de1380933c5c20a9bd854f1af7b.png

image.png.dd08e2d04f7e484c3eff3ffafaa0e59e.png

image.png.671bcaf7d811a1c420300697fe701772.png

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

@Davie Chase, thanks for today's experience—nice place, nice dunes, nice driving! 

@Mark B @Benjamin @Gary F thank you so much for your support and help, highly appreciated! 

See you all at the next one!

---

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

6 hours ago, ChrisW said:

Thanks again, @Davie Chase - that was my first fewbie drive and I really enjoyed it. Great support from @Batuhan Kulac @Mark B @Gary F @Benjamin - thank you!

I also had the pleasure of following @Talal H …I hope you don’t mind me sharing what started our fun with shovels… 

pleasure was mine @ChrisW! Thanks for being so patient behind me whenever I rerouted and took an easy way out. 

That is a great video, really showcasing my high horsepowers! 😂 please share any more near misses you can find, I am positive there were a few. 

Thanks all  @Davie Chase, @Batuhan Kulac,  @ChrisW, @Wilfredo Perez, @Mark B, @Ahmed Farouk,  @Hani Howeedy, @Nizar Shawwa, @Benjamin and @Gary F for the exhilarating drive.  You could not mistake this for a newbie drive! Great teamwork and communication throughout helped maintain a great pace. 

And special thanks to everyone who helped shovel me out in the blistering sun. 

PC : @Hani Howeedy

ef6b4301-cd71-4208-b011-8f9e5b53bf9a.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks all for the drive. Great seeing @Hani Howeedy as always andthank you @Davie Chase for organising! Pleasure meeting and chatting with you @ChrisW. A good mix of everything and heavy on the technial side. Have a good weekend lads.

• Like (+1) 2

That was a great drive everyone, thanks to @Davie Chase always making it educational with the twist of fun. Thanks to all the support teams and for their professional tips from handling the car momentum and finding the balance to be able to float more on the sand and getting out from the tricky situations.

@Talal H that was a great first fewbie drive from you usually there should’ve been a lot more stuck and refusal situations with the pace we were going in the convoy but because everyone’s readiness it was smooth, sometimes might be overwhelming but after a couple more you will master it.

Al fayah desert never disappoints with its various terrains and the rain definitely changed the sand layers over there. Pictures as usual uploaded to the gallery

• Like (+1) 3

13 hours ago, Talal H said:

pleasure was mine @ChrisW! Thanks for being so patient behind me whenever I rerouted and took an easy way out. 

That is a great video, really showcasing my high horsepowers! 😂 please share any more near misses you can find, I am positive there were a few. 

Thanks all  @Davie Chase, @Batuhan Kulac,  @ChrisW, @Wilfredo Perez, @Mark B, @Ahmed Farouk,  @Hani Howeedy, @Nizar Shawwa, @Benjamin and @Gary F for the exhilarating drive.  You could not mistake this for a newbie drive! Great teamwork and communication throughout helped maintain a great pace. 

And special thanks to everyone who helped shovel me out in the blistering sun. 

PC : @Hani Howeedy

ef6b4301-cd71-4208-b011-8f9e5b53bf9a.jpeg

Don’t apologise for rerouting mate, if you feel you need to steer down then do it, better to be safe. 
as you get used to your car in the sand you will make changes, especially with long wheel base, I always take turns wide for example at the top of a steep decent  to get as straight as possible. 

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use