Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 02 June 2024

2nd Part  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you want to go?

• Old Lady Dune
    • Nagara Hill

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/01/2024 at 01:00 PM

DRIVE PLAN

It's going to be a typical "Sweihan Drive", drive tall, drive fast, drive quick. The initial section will be in the Sweihan Area and from there we will move further east. We will come across a track, and we will need to decide either if we will either go to Nagra Hill or Old Lady Dune. Request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette, and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

• Level:  Intermediate and above
  • When: 02 Jun 2024, Sunday
  • Meeting time:  5:45 AM (we will leave at 6:00 am)
  • Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/xY6aK4cDazQQ8Ufh6
  • Approximate finish time: 8:45AM
  • Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
  • What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

MANDATORY OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor
  • Walkie-talkie radio
  • Off-road flag
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

• Carnity changed the title to Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 02 June 2024

To be honest, I preferred to go to old lady dune myself as well - because last time we drove there we already went towards Nagra Hill. 

1 hour ago, Looper said:

To be honest, I preferred to go to old lady dune myself as well - because last time we drove there we already went towards Nagra Hill. 

jealous, what a fun area. enjoy guys.

• Like (+1) 3

I am looking forward to my first IM drive but unfortunately I will have visitor on Sunday 🤦🏻‍♂️. Removed myself 🙏

• Sad (0) 3

DrivePostDetails-Copy.jpg.446c365f97a8a04edfff33702e56280c.jpg

Thank you @Batuhan Kulac, @Anoop Nair & @Asif Hussain for joining the drive. Most of the fun activity was done early in morning when the temperature was still in the 20s.. I could feel the surprising chill in the air in the start of the drive. We drove though some tall dunes and did a lot of steep climb sidees. It was fun. When we stopped for our first break at 7 am temperatures were already touching high 30s... so we moderated our drive to keep ourselves cool and do the occasional dune climbing.

Old Lady dune turnout to be the mother of all surprises - extremely clean and no sign of any tracks at all. By 8 am the temperature was already touching 40 degrees. hence, we started to exit about 8:15 am.

From the stats above, in the first two drives I went from Sweihan to Nagra Hill and back. First time took the right bank and second time on the left bank.  This time we again took the left bank but drove towards Old Lady dune. Kept the drive moderated after 7 am so that we don't overdo ourselves.

Next Time when I do this area - I will start from Old Lady Dune. till then see you looping somewhere in the desert. 

• Like (+1) 3

16 hours ago, Looper said:

@Batuhan Kulac I have your funnel. I found it few meters away. 

You know... I told myself don't put it on the jack you're gonna forget it, and i ignored myself hahahahahah. Thanks Loop!

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use